Chapter 10- The Rose-Red Tyrant

Dream land...

Playing cards with humanoid features such as faces, hands, and feet are painting white rose bushes red in a frantic hurry.

<Cards> Hurry up and paint those roses red! Slather them quickly, as aforesaid!

<Ace of clubs> Hurry, hurry! There are still roses left to paint!

They're painting... roses? Why even bother in the first place? That ruins the flowers.

<Alice> Why are you painting these white roses red?

<Cards> Huh?

<Two of Clubs> Why, you ask? It's quite simple. We planted the wrong color, you see.

<Ace of Clubs> The Queen likes her roses red. If they're white, we'll lose our heads!

<Alice> Goodness!

<Three of Clubs> And so, we're painting the roses red.

'Alice' helps the cards paint the roses red.

∙∙·▫▫ᵒᴼᵒ▫ₒₒ▫ᵒᴼᵒ▫ₒₒ▫ᵒᴼᵒᵒᴼᵒ▫ₒₒ▫ᵒᴼᵒ▫ₒₒ▫ᵒᴼᵒ▫▫·∙∙

Your pov...

Italics- thoughts

Just what was that? The cards had faces and were talking. I open my eyes to hear something banging on the front door. Who's at the door?

"Hey, Y/n..." Grim says sleepily. "I know it's the middle of the night, but I think we've got a visitor. Maybe it's those pesky ghosts again? They just don't know when to quit."

I got up, put on a robe and made my way downstairs with Grim not far behind me.

"What's the password," I say when I reach the door.

"Huh, there's a password," the person outside questions and I recognize the voice as Ace. "It's me Ace! Just let me in, all right?"

"Ace? It's the middle of the night," Grim says sleepily as I open the door. We take a good look at Ace and notice a collar around his neck. "That collar!"

"I can't go back to Heartslabyul. I'm joining your dorm," Ace declares. "For good!"

"Come again," Grim paled and it was clear that the was starting to wake up.

"What a kind offer, really, but I rather not," I yawn. "Please go away."

"What, you can't kick me out," Ace complains and I look at him. "Okay, technically you can, but please don't!"

"Fine," I sigh. "Let's head to the lounge area." I let Ace in and close the door. We then walked over to the lounge area.

"I'd recognize that collar anywhere," Grim says as he got on the coffee table while me and Ace sat on the couch. "It's the same one that psycho stuck on me at orientation! What'd you do to get shackled with that?"