Chapter 49

Your Pov...

Thoughts- Italics

⦓Pocket Dimension- Sleepless Castle⦔

"Ahh, look there," Rook says as he admires the scenery. "What beautiful scenery! A moon grand enough to swallow the darkness of night. Elegant bats fluttering on silent wings. And a castle adorning the landscape like a regal gown! How majestic, yet how fragile it looks. I cannot help but wonder why I feel it could fade away at any moment... What do you think of it?"

"WHAT DOES IT MATTER WHAT WE THINK," Sebek shouts in fury.

"You're brimming with energy, Sebek," Rook smiles. "Such passion sets my very heart trembling."

"I really don't understand you," I sigh. "Why are you like this?"

"How can you be so cavalier when we've come to yet ANOTHER dead end," Sebek questions Rook. "We must rendezvous with the others so we can rescue Malleus and Lilia!"

"Just take it easy, Sebek," Trey places his hand on Sebek's shoulder. "I admit this isn't the time to be admiring the view, but we should still make a note of our surroundings. There's no sign of Riddle or the others, and this place is downright eerie. Just where are we? We were counting on using the Viewglass to get support, but it's not working. I have to say, I'm stumped."

"Worry not," Rook smiles. "I have an idea of where we might be."

"You do," Sebek, Trey, and I question.

"Look in the forest to our right," Rook instructs.

"The forest," Sebek repeats. "All I see is some dense foliage... Hm?"

"I didn't expect to find anything over here, but would you look at that," a voice says. "We got a couple of live ones!"

"A voice is coming from the fog," Sebek exclaims.

"No shit, Sherlock," I huff.

"Something's heading our way," Trey points to the direction the voice was coming from.

"I'm under orders to bring anyone living to the boss," a ghost appears from the fog.

"A ghost," Sebek and Trey  exclaim at the same time.

"You're all coming with me," the ghost says.

"This ghost must be beckoning the living somewhere," Rook concludes. "Oh, my curiosity is positively piqued. As much as I'd love to accept your gracious invitation, I must consult with my companions first. What say you three?"

"I'm not fool enough to accept an invite from some strange ghost," Trey states. 

"I see no reason to comply with this ill-mannered ghost," Sebek frowns. "He just came out of nowhere and started ordering us around!"

"We're on a mission," I say. "We don't have time to be sidetracked."

"Ah, what a cheeky bunch," the ghost glares at us. "We'll do this the hard way, then!" And with that the ghost starts to attack us.

"Oh, no you don't," Trey deflects one of the ghost's magical attacks.

"Since words didn't work, you attack us," I exclaim in shock. "I thought you had some manners, especially since your outfit is old-timey."

"Less talking, more fighting," Sebek demands. "The ghost needs to be stopped."

"Yeah, yeah, I hear ya," I sigh and start attacking the ghost.

⦕After the battle...⦖

"Such brutality," the ghost complains as it scurries away.

"All bark and no bite, as they say," Sebek grins in satisfaction.