Chapter 6

Your pov...

Italics- thoughts

"What's going on over there? A fight?" A student asked. Crap, I wasn't thinking they were going to attract a crowd.

"Oh, sweet! Get 'em!" Another student shouts.

"Alright, I think we should break this up," I say taking a few steps towards Ace and Grim.

"Awww... Can't hit me with your little fireballs," Ace taunts, ignoring me.

"Grrr... You better believe I'm about to," Grim growls and they continue to fight. Why is this cat so much trouble? I try to dodge their loose attacks and land by the Queen of Hearts statue.

"Take that," Grim shoots off more fireballs.

"Pfft. All it takes is a little gust to— Hah!" Ace uses his wind magic to move the fireballs away from him and they start heading towards me and the statue. I shake my tail to make the other eight tail appear and wrap them around the statue as a shield as I caught aflame. Shit, these flames burn. "Oh no! Now the Queen of Hearts statue looks like it's been flame-broiled!"

"No, that's what I look like," I yell at Ace while I'm still covered in flames. Though in his defense, my tails that are protecting the statue are also on fire.

"That's your fault for tryin' to divert it," Grim yelled at Ace. "You shoulda just let it burn you to a crisp!"

"Who in their right mind would ever do that," Ace yelled back.

"Instead of yelling at each other, how about worrying about me getting third-degree burns," I screamed. Man, I wish I had training on how to put out fires on myself using my Gift.

"What is going on here? Cease this at once," Mr. Crowley shouts over the ruckus. I try to use my Gift to make ice appear on my body and tails trying to put the flame out. Once I was able to extinguish the flames, I fell to the ground as my tails went back to being one. Even after the flames were gone, my skin still felt as if I was burning alive.

"Oh no! The headmage," Ace stuttered.

"Not more lashings of love," Grim cried. "We gotta get outta here!" Ace and Grim tried to make a run for it but Mr. Crowley was having none of that. He used his 'whip' to hit the two.

"As if the likes of you could ever flee from me," Mr. Crowley frowns. "Did I not just warn you, 'no more incidents'? And now you've almost charred one of my statues?! It's almost as though you WANT to be expelled!"

"No! Forgive me," Ace pleaded. Mr. Crowley turns to look at me while I'm still on the ground.

"And you, Y/n. You were specifically told to keep Grim under control." I groaned hearing Mr. Crowley's words.

I lift my head to look at him and said: "Well I'm trying over here. What more do you want from me?"

"This will not do," Mr. Crowley looks back at Ace. "And you! State your name and grade."

"Ace Trappola... Freshman," Ace sighs.

"Then listen well, Trappola. You too, Grim and Y/n." I rest my head on the sidewalk. It's probably going to be a punishment. "As punishment for today's infractions, you are hereby ordered to wash a hundred windows!"

"That's what you get for makin' fun of me," Grim tells Ace. "This is all your fault!"

"Whaaat? I have to do it too," Ace complained. I moved around till I was sitting up.