Chapter 37

Your POV...

Italics- thoughts

"Oh yeah, that's the good stuff," Grim moans with his mouth food.

"Totally," Deuce agrees. "It's tender and flaky and perfectly seasoned!"

"All I did was grill it with some salt," Jack shook his head. "Still, I'm sure eating it with friends around the campfire makes it taste all the better."

"It is pretty good," I complimented. "I'm sorry for Grim scaring the fish earlier."

"It's alright," Deuce said. "In the end we managed to get a bunch of fish. How are you though? Are you feeling alright?"

"Yeah, I'm doing as well as I can be," I sighed.

"I didn't even know that Azul could touch your gift," Deuce places his hand on my shoulder.

"I didn't know he could either," I frowned. "I think I'm gonna stay away from Azul and the twins for a while."

"Yeah, that would be best," Deuce agrees with my decision. "So Jack, what's the plan after this?"

"We should probably help out with the other challenges," Jack responds, looking over at me and Deuce. "I bet they'll need a ton of manpower in the mines."

"Collecting magestones sounds good to me," Deuce smiles.

"Grim and I will follow you guys there to check up on the other groups," I said.

"Are you sure you can venture that far," Jack asked me.

"Yeah, I was able to get quite a bit of rest with Leona earlier," I smiled.

"Well if you need someone to carry you let me know," Jack softly smiles.

⦕Small time skip...⦖

⦓Dwarfs' MIne- Interior⦔

"Knock, knock, guys," Grim says to the group we're gonna visit next as we enter the mine. Jack and Deuce went to find their club members.

"Ah, the record keepers," Silver greets. "Are you checking up on our progress?"

"Yes siree," Grim confirmed. "Why are you just standin' around? Aren't you supposed to be findin' a magestone?"

"Yes, but swinging our pickaxes at random won't turn up much. Especially since this mine's been closed for a while," Silver explained. "So we're going over what we know about magestones first."

"Do any of you know how to locate magestones and mine them," Riddle asks his club members.

"We learned about this in class," Sebek answered. "Of course I remember it! In general terms, magestones are gemstones that have been transformed by absorbing ambient magical power. You locate them by tracking the faint traces of magic they emit. However, doing so requires incredible focus. Typically trained professionals search for them. Since we're untrained, our detection radius is 10 meters at most. Nonetheless, it's better than digging around arbitrarily. Checking every centimeter of this vast tunnel would be a fool's errand. Once we've identified a general location, we can commence digging. We'll start by using the pickaxes to chip off the wall's weathered, brittle outer layer. Then we'll use hammers and chisels to remove the magestone from its rocky encasement. THAT IS ALL!"

"Excellent overview, Sebek," Riddle praised. "You certainly paid close attention in class."

"I suppose there are worse things than receiving a compliment from the head of the sophomore class," Sebek comments. "I accept your words of praise."