Chapter 16

3rd pov...

❚█══The Next Morning══█❚

⦓Heartslabyul Lounge⦔

"The Queen of Hearts's rule 249: Flamingo caretakers are to don pink attire," Riddle says as he reprimands a fellow dorm mate. "It was supposed to be your turn to feed the flamingos today. Why aren't you wearing pink?"

"I'm sorry, Housewarden. My pink clothes were in the laundry..." The student tries to apologize, but based on the look Riddle was giving the student, he was not forgiven. "Please, sir, not the collar!"

"This is your second rule violation. I cannot forgive a repeated offender," Riddle states. "Off With Your Head!"

The student yells in shock as a collar is placed around his neck. Riddle goes to tell the student if he writes a 5k word apology and weeded the garden for a week then the collar would be removed. The student started to sob, but then Riddle proceeded to scold the student for his actions. Riddle then called for Trey and Cater to take the student out of the dorm. Trey and Cater obeyed Riddle and took the collared student to the mirror so that he could leave the dorm.

✩░▒▓▆▅▃▂▁▁▂▃▅▆▓▒░✩

Your pov...

Italics- thoughts

❚█══Later that day══█❚

Deuce had caught me up with the rest of the events that happened yesterday after I had left. So after our classes we went to go find Trey in the library.

"Hello, Trey," Deuce says when he spots Trey and walks up to him. Ace, Grim and I followed Deuce.

"You four," Trey says as he turns and sees us.

"We figured that if we waited at the library, you'd show up to return your tart cookbook eventually," Deuce explains.

"We still got a problem with the way Housewarden Riddle is handling all of this," Ace states as he crosses his arms.

"Yeah, I thought you might say that," Trey sighs and shakes his head.

"Well, can you blame them," I ask. "They are literally wearing collars right now."

"Come clean for us. What's your take on Riddle," Ace asks rudely. "Is it true you've been pandering to him since the two of you were kids?"

"What," Trey exclaimed. "Who told you that?"

"A guy who called himself Chenya," Deuce responds.

"Chenya... Huh. That explains it," Trey furrows his brows at the name. Did him and 'Chenya' fall out or something?

"What I don't get is, aren't you older than Riddle? Why haven't ya told him off already," Grim questioned angrily.

"I do when I need to," Trey states. "I don't think the situation calls for it."

"Sorry to break it to you, but it does," I sigh. What's the point of being supposedly childhood friends, when you don't call out the other person's bullshit.

"Why not," Ace asks.

"These sorts of strict rules... They're what created Riddle," Trey explained.

"I don't think I understand," I spoke up. "Rules cannot create a person. I should know."