Chapter 35

3rd Pov...

⦓Octavinelle⦔

"So, Azul..." Leona grinned. "How about you and I make a deal?"

"I'm...sorry," Azul was taken aback.

"What are you prepared to offer me if I return these contracts to you," Leona questioned.

"I-I'll do anything," Azul was desperate. "I'll give you all the study guides you want. I'll write your graduation thesis. I'll pad your attendance. Anything—just name it!"

"Interesting," Leona thinks it over. "That's a pretty tempting offer."

"Then—"

"Here's the thing, though," Leona cut off Azul. "No offense, but none of that's gonna be enough to justify me returning these contracts."

"What," Azul exclaimed.

"See, I'm doing a favor for a friend," Leona smirked, his hand on the pile of contracts. "Not like you would know anything about that."

"R-ridiculous... Don't do it," Azul pleaded.

"Now... Kneel before me! King's Roar!" Leona used his signature spell to turn all of the contracts to sand.

"NOOOO!" Azul wailed, he fell to the ground on his knees. "My... My... My golden contracts... All... reduced to dust..."

"Azul's signature spell, It's a Deal..." Ruggie narrated. "Once the contract scroll is signed, it cannot be damaged, regardless of how many people try."

"You made a show of how unbreakable it was several times, just to hammer that impression home..." Leona added. "But there's no such thing as a spell that's completely flawless. From what I saw, it looked like they were impervious to damage only under specific conditions. Namely, either being in the VIP room, or being in your hands. And judging by how easily my magic turned them to sand, I was right. The contract scrolls themselves are no stronger than any other sheet of paper."

"I... I don't believe this..." Azul was gasping for air.

"Y'know, you could have just told her 'no'," Ruggie laughs. "I've been wonderin' why you'd go to all this trouble, and I think I've finally figured it out."

"Oh yeah," Leona looks over at Ruggie with interest.

"You've made a contract with Azul before," Ruggie concludes. "This whole thing is a way for you to conveniently get rid of it."

"Nobody likes a snoop, y'know," Leona dryly chuckles. "I'm just a nice guy who can't ignore a friend in need, that's all."

"Listen to you, laughin' at your own jokes," Ruggie points out. "I should've taken a peek at what kinda contract you made before you sanded 'em down."

"Ah... Ahhh.." Azul tried to stand up.

"Hm?" Leona hummed in question, looking back at a struggling Azul.

"Aaah, aaaaah... NGAAAAAH! I HATE THIIIS!" Azul yells loudly. Ruggie and Leona were taken aback at the outburst. "It's gone. My carefully amassed collection of magic... My omnipotent power..."

"What in the world," Leona questioned.

"Talk about changin' your tune..." Ruggie was unsure of what to do next.

"All of it, up in smoke," Azul completely stands up and throws his hands in the air. "How could you DO this to me?! Without that, I... I... I'm back to being that 'silly little octo-twerp' again! That's the last thing I want... I refuse, I refuse, I REFUSE! I don't WANNA go back to being my old self again!"