✤ 21

Tiffany stared at him with a blank expression

Tiffany stared at him with a blank expression. "Wh...what?"

"I actually had a crush on you when I left...I think it was since...we were 10?" He looked up at the ceiling and then at her.

She just looked at her laptop once and then grabbed a pillow and screamed in it.

"You okay-" He asked, and she looked up at him with a red face.

"I can't fucking believe you liked me back!" She squealed.

"Liked you back? What- yo! You had a crush on me too?" He asked loudly and she shook her head and screamed into the pillow once again.

"You don't still like me that way, do you?" She asked.

"What? Pfft, no." He said.

Ouch.

"Oh. Cool." She nodded.

"You?" He asked.

"Haha, no way." She laughed.

There was an awkward silence between them. Both of them were staring into the space, not daring to continue the conversation.

"Actually..." They both started at the same time.

"Oh, you continue." Mark chuckled.

"No, you go first." She smiled.

"Uhm...yeah, so-" He started, but this time a knock on the door interrupted them.

Tiffany awkwardly got up and opened the door revealing Mark's dad.

"Did I interrupt something?" He asked.

"No, no." Mark shook his head.

"Why aren't you asleep yet, uncle?" Tiffany asked.

"Yeah, I came to tell you kids to go to sleep. It's 2 am, you guys can talk later." His dad chuckled.

"Yeah, he's right. I...I should go and sleep." Mark hurriedly got up.

His dad nodded and walked away.

"Goodnight, Mark." She said, and he nodded.

"Goodnight, Tiff." He leaned in for a hug.

She wrapped her arms around his neck, while his arms went around her waist and he buried his red face into her neck.

It had been a good few seconds, but he didn't let go.

"Mark? Did you fall asleep?" She asked.

"No, I just missed you a lot." He said.

She sighed, and ran her fingers through his hair.

"I missed you too, Minhyung-ah." She chuckled.

"It's been a long time since you've called me that, Taehee." He chuckled too.

"Woah, you remember my name, huh?" She gently slapped the back of his head and pulled away. "Goodnight, yeah?"

"Goodnight." He gulped, and started walking away.

"Wait, what were you going to tell me?" She asked.

"Uh, I...um, it's not that important." He chuckled. "Go to sleep. You look tired."

"Yeah, you too." She said. "This is going to be the third time I say goodnight so go before I kick your ass."

He laughed and left the room.

She locked the door, and went to put her phone on charge before plugging her airpods and laying down listening to songs. She probably wouldn't be able to sleep, but listening to songs made her sleepy.

And so, a few hours of tossing and turning, she fell asleep.