✤thirty four

the room was filled with the sound of typing on laptop and soft breaths and giggles

tiffany was sitting on the bed with her laptop in front of her, and mark layed his head on her lap, staring at her focused face. she was working on a new assignment her professor gave.

she had to make a presentation and mark wouldn't stop staring at her and it made her shy.

"why are you looking at me like that?" she asked.

"i just realised you're going to be the prettiest doctor in the world..." he whispered.

"oh, my god, mark lee!" she sighed dramatically. "don't use these cringey ass lines on me."

he laughed looking at her, looking at her laptop screen. his eyes suddenly widened, "ayo, what is thi-"

"that's a penis." she said.

"why...why are you studying about a penis?" he looked at her.

"i have to make a ppt about the human reproductive systems, mark." she said.

"wait, this is how it looks like inside?" he asked.

"yeah." she nodded. "you see this ball type thingy? these are testes and they contain your future children."

"damn." he looked at her. "i hate science."

"of course, you do." she said. "all you have to do to really enjoy science is try and understand it with examples in your daily life. like do you not think why you guys have your balls outside your abdominal cavity?"

mark laughed, "damn, never thought of that-"

"that's because your sperms need a lower temperature than your normal body temperature to form. and those balls contain your testes so yeah." she explained. "you just have to understand it with daily life examples."

he watched how her eyes sparkled while she talked about science. he chuckled, grabbing her hand which typed on her laptop.

he kissed her knuckles and said, "as much as i hate science, i could hear you talk about it all day long."

"that's romantic." she chuckled, looking down at him. "will you let me type now?"

"no." he said, kissing her knuckles even more. "stop working~ you're here on a break~"

"fine." she said, shutting her laptop. "what do you wanna do?"

"i really wanna kiss you right now." he said.

her face quickly turned red and her eyes widened. "again?"

"not my fault your lips are so soft." he said. "mango chapstick?"

she nodded slowly, and he sat upright.

"i can really taste it." he whispered, cupping her jaw.

her eyes flickered down to his lips then back to his eyes, and he leaned in. just when they were about to kiss, a loud knock on the door interrupted them.

"tiffany? have you seen mark?" mrs. lee asked.

"yeah, aunty, he's with me." tiffany answered.

"ah, okay. me and his dad are going to ikea so i wanted to ask if you both want to join?" mrs. lee asked.

"no, it's fine, mom. we'll stay here." mark replied.

"are you both going to be fine?" she asked.

"yes, aunty, don't worry." tiffany chuckled.

"don't let him burn down the house, okay?" mrs. lee said, and tiffany laughed in reply.

 lee said, and tiffany laughed in reply