✤thirty eight

"the chicken is very good, aunty

"the chicken is very good, aunty." tiffany smiled as she put the small piece of chilli chicken in her mouth.

looking up, she saw minhyuck staring into her and mark's soul.

"thank you, sweetie." mrs. lee put her hand over tiffany's.

minhyuck loudly cleared his throat, "mark, don't you have anything to tell mom and dad?"

his parents looked at him, confused.

"what is it, mark?" his dad asked.

mark glanced nervously at tiffany.

"you wanna tell them?" he asked.

"tell us what?" his mom asked.

tiffany nodded at mark, and then looked at his parents.

"the things is, um..." she started, her hands finding mark's. she held it and his parents stared at their latched hands.

"we started going out." mark said, glancing once at her, gripping her hand tighter.

there was an awkward silence as mark's dad shifted his chair backwards. getting up silently, he walked away without saying anything.

everyone at the table was kind of shocked because they didn't expect his dad to just stand up and leave. tiffany felt like crying.

she believed it was her fault. maybe she wasn't good enough for him. she looked down at her lap, and felt mrs. lee's hand over hers.

she looked at mark who just stared guiltily at her.

a loud clearing of throat made them slowly turn towards the kitchen. his dad stood in front of the fridge with a wine bottle in his hand.

they all stared at him in confusion while he walked back to the table with a sheepish smile. he put a wine glass in front of her.

"wine?" he asked.

tiffany was beyond confused as she stared at him. mark gently squeezed her hand, and she woke up from her trance.

"ah- yes, yes." she said, raising her wine glass and mr. lee poured some wine.

"mark." he called out.

"y...yeah, dad?" mark withdrew his hand.

"bring more wine glasses." mr. lee said. "for yourself, minhyuck and mom."

"why though...?" minhyuck asked.

"what do you mean why?" mr. lee smiled softly. "we're celebrating."

"celebrating?" mrs. lee was also confused.

mr. lee turned to look at his wife. "weren't you the one who kept telling me that you always wanted a daughter like tiffany?"

tiffany looked up, feeling her face warming up.

"well, technically she's our daughter now considering our son is dating her." mr. lee smiled. "isn't it, tiff?"

tiffany felt the corners of her lips curling up and she couldn't help but feel all giddy inside.

"a-ah, uncle, you scared me." she sighed in relief. "i thought...you didn't want us to date..."

"no, why would i not want you both to be together?" mr. lee laughed. "we, in fact even YOUR parents, have been hoping that one day you both will get together."

she glanced at mark, who had sneaked and held her hand under the table. he bit his lip, smiling like an idiot.

"atleast now he has something other than work to think about now, doesn't he?" mrs. lee chuckled.

"you better make her your first priority, mark." mr. lee playfully glared at his younger son.

"of course, dad." he blushed, squeezing her hand under the table.

" he blushed, squeezing her hand under the table