✤fifty three

it had been three weeks since she had returned from korea

it had been three weeks since she had returned from korea. everything had become a lot more difficult. balancing her love life and her studies was tough.

even though she'd stay up late studying, mark and tiffany found it hard to find time for each other. but they managed it.

tiffany now had almost zero privacy in college, considering the number of kpop fans there. everyone knew she was dating him, and won't stop bugging her to tell them about what happened.

she didn't mind telling them, but she felt annoyed how the concept of personal space for the people didn't exist anymore.

mark and tiffany had done a lot of things after she had left. mark had sent her even more books after their first month together, and she had sent him matching bracelets.

they had also made a collaborative playlist on spotify together. they stayed up till late, talking together. and when i say talking together, i mean deep talks.

one morning, tiffany woke up and found that there was a parcel outside her apartment. it was from mark, as usual.

he kept sending her gifts once in a while. but this time it felt different from the usual gifts.

she opened the package, immediately letting out a giggle. there were two customized plushies. of her and mark.

as soon as she was done placing them on her bed, she heard her phone ring. it was him.

"mark!" she greeted excitedly.

"did you like the gift?" he asked.

"i love it, what do you mean?" she giggled. "it's so cute!"

"you're cute." she heard him mutter. "i love you so much."

"i love you more." she chuckled. "i miss you, mark."

"i miss you too, princess." he sighed. "i can't wait to see you again."

"me too." she chuckled. "i'm sorry, but i gotta go. i have an important presentation today, and a practical exam today."

"okay, all the best, princess." he said. "muah, i love you so much."

"i love you too, muah." she chuckled, hanging up.

*

as tiffany made her way to her classroom, she had bumped into a group of girls.

"oh, my God, aren't you dating mark lee?" one of the girls asked.

"who's mark lee?" another one asked.

"he's a member of nct, you wouldn't know. you only listen to bts, lily." the girl said.

"um, excuse me..." tiffany tried hard to get into her class.

"are you a koreaboo?" the girl asked.

"excuse me?" tiffany frowned.

"niamh, she's literally korean, what do you mean?" lily asked. "sorry about her, she's a big fan of nct, you see."

"shouldn't she be happy for mark then? doesn't look that happy to me." alex said from behind tiffany.

niamh rolled her eyes, and said, "listen, i don't want to ruin my morning just because you're too delusional to think that you're really dating him."

"but he literally posted her on his story-" another girl, alyssa said. "so sorry, tiffany, didn't want to waste your time. niamh, can you please stop being so immature and come? we've got to go or else we'll get late."

"yeah." niamh scoffed, and walked away, leaving lily and alyssa.

"so sorry about her." lily apologised. "she's the one being delusional here-"

"it's fine." tiffany smiled, "i'm used to it by now."

lily smiled sadly, "i'm lily by the way."

"tiffany." tiffany smiled, looking at alyssa.

"i'm alyssa." alyssa said.

"oh, you're like the best duo from it ends with us." tiffany chuckled. "well, lily and alyssa, we'll see you later."

"yeah, bye." lily smiled.

" lily smiled