✤fifty eight

tiffany and mark got out of the shower and they started getting ready for the lunch

tiffany and mark got out of the shower and they started getting ready for the lunch. it was 11 am and jaehyun and alice told them to be at the reserved restaurant at 2.

so they still had time. mark decided that they go out on a little walk after getting ready and maybe get some coffee and something small to eat.

and how could tiffany say no to this offer.

putting on some warm clothes, they left the dorms with their masks on.

after some time, tiffany felt mark put his hand on the small of her back.

"we have someone from the media following us." he whispered. "if you feel uncomfortable, tell me."

"okay." she smiled, feeling him hold her hand.

"i love you so much." he kissed the side of her head.

"oh, my, what are you doing in front of everyone..." she buried her head in his shoulder.

he giggled like a small child, and they walked inside a warm cafe. they ordered their drinks and mark asked if tiffany wanted to go and stay in the park for a while.

she agreed because why not.

after getting coffee, they went to the park and sat down on a bench in silence.

there were a few kids in the park and their moms were sitting on another bench, chatting.

while mark and tiffany watched all the kids in silence, a girl and a boy stood out the most to them. it somehow reminded them of themselves when they were kids.

"that reminds me of us." tiffany looked at mark, but he was already staring at her with a small smile.

"i was about to say that." he whispered, pressing a small kiss on her lips.

he grabbed her left hand, and rubbed his thumb on her knuckles.

"i got you something, by the way." he said, fishing out something from his pocket.

she stared at him in confusion when he took out a small box from his pocket. noticing her expression, he smiled.

"you know how i've been talking about marrying you lately, right?" he started.

"oh, my god..." tiffany knew what was going to happen.

or maybe she didn't.

mark kneeled down on the ground, still holding her hand.

"tiffany..." he started.

"oh, my god, mark-" before she could say anything, mark opened the box.

she expected to see a ring. but instead of  a ring, there was a toffee.

she narrowed her eyes, and lightly smacked his head and he burst out laughing.

"haha, you're so funny." she mocked, getting up and starting to walk away.

mark had longer legs and hence, he was able to grab her hand just in time and pull her back.

he made her turn around and wasted no time to capture her lips with his. he pulled away a few seconds later, and held the toffee up.

"atleast have the toffee till the time i actually propose to you." he smiled widely.

she took the toffee, trying hard not to smile.

"should we go get lunch?" tiffany asked.

"yep...it's almost time." he nodded.

*

they reached the restaurant where they had to have their lunch together. the whole restaurant had been booked so that they had it all to themselves.

"hi, tiffany!" alice ran upto hug her. "i was waiting for you to come!"

"well, here i am then!" tiffany smiled.

"come on, we ordered the food." taeil said.

while they were eating, they chatted for a long time. it had been long since tiffany caught up with all of them.

"so, what are you doing right now?" johnny asked tiffany. "is being a doctor hectic?"

"very." tiffany nodded. "well, i mean, i bought my own house there. it's a small apartment but works for one person."

"and do you...like plan to move here anyday?" taeyong asked.

"yeah, just a year and i'll start searching for houses and a hospital to work in." she said.

"we'll help you search for houses here." yuta smiled at her.

"thank you so much." tiffany smiled back.

mark had been quiet all this while so she looked at him.

"mark, are you okay?" she asked.

"he probably ate a lot last night. didn't you, mark?" kun asked.

"yeah. i'll be back from the washroom." mark smiled and got up, leaving to go to the washroom.

tiffany continued talking to everyone, but a few seconds later, one of the waiters came and tapped her on her shoulder.

she looked at him, as he handed her a bouquet. she looked at the others in confusion while they stared at her with a knowing look.

there was a note on the bouquet. she took it in her hands and read it out: you've waited long.