✤forty

tiffany woke up with a start

tiffany woke up with a start. mark's phone was vibrating on the table beside the bed.

she pulled away from his chest and blinked tiredly, grabbing his phone to see his alarm for 6:30 am.

"why the fuck do you have an alarm for 6:30?" she mumbled.

he slowly sat upright. "what?"

she stared at him and handed him his phone before laying down on his lap. "do you have to go right now?"

"yeah." he mumbled, sleepily bending down and pressing a tired kiss on her lips. "i'll be back by 10 though."

"alright." she sat up, letting him go.

he got up from the bed, tiredly walking to the washroom. she watched him as he brushed his teeth and washed his face.

he then stepped out with a small smile, and got back to the bed, laying down again.

"why did you lay down again?" she chuckled.

"i don't wanna go." he whined, pulling her down so that she lay on his chest. "i wanna stay in bed."

"stop being lazy." she scolded. "go so that you can come back at 10 and we can go to the lunch together."

he groaned, playing with her hair.

"come on..." she said. "i won't come to your performance if you don't get up right now."

he quickly sat upright.

"good." she chuckled, sitting too and kissing his cheek. "i'll just study while you're not here."

he nodded, getting up and walking out of the room. he probably went to get his clothes.

she got up too, brushing her teeth and doing her morning routine before she walked out of the washroom to grab her clothes.

"are you ready?" she asked, as mark was standing in front of the mirror, fixing his shirt.

"yeah." he nodded. "you know what i was thinking?"

"hm?" she hummed, walking up to the closet and taking out a hoodie and sweatpants.

"you shift to my room." he said. "like i have a lot of space in my closet, so you can put your clothes there and we can stay there together."

"you know i'm not here forever, right?" she chuckled.

"who says i'll be staying here forever too?" he asked. "i'll be going back to the dorms as soon as you leave."

she smiled, walking up to him and pecking his lips, "fine. i'll move there today."

"i love you." he giggled, pulling her closer.

"i love you too." she smiled. "aren't you getting late?"

"yeah. i'll see you later." he said.

"okay. did you eat something?" she asked as he started walking away.

"nope. i'll have something later." he said.

"at least take an apple." she stopped him. "eat it on your way."

he smiled, nodding as she watched him walk away.

he ran downstairs and grabbed an apple, taking a bite and quickly wearing his shoes before leaving.