Prologue

Before hawker was hatched...

Silverdrop walked though the crowed market of Cicada Hive. The dragons all around her were buzzing, like a swarm of bees. The sweet smell of honey came from the sugar stores.

She had just had an egg. Silverdrop was more excited then anyone, mainly because almost no one knew.
She didn't know the father, just his name, Alpine, but almost nothing else.

A HiveWing guard flew down to meet her.
"Your egg is to be returned to you." She said.

"Thank you." Silverdrop said respectively, but it was really hard to keep calm. Either the HiveWing didn't notice, (which was impossible, it felt like her tail had been possessed by dragonflies) or didn't care.

When they finally got to the nest, the HiveWing went inside, while Silverdrop waited outside.
The HiveWing walked out carrying a large silver egg. She handed it to Silverdrop. Silverdrop nodded respectfully at the guard, then flew off.

She got to her nest, and placed her egg on a small pile of blankets. Then she waited.
She didn't need to wait long.

As soon as she had layed her head down, a cracking sound came from the egg.

Silverdrop's head snapped up.

A thin line, no thicker then a strand of silk, had webbed it's way across the top. Then another,

And another,

And another.

Until... Crack! Crack-ity crack, crack!
The egg spilt in two.

An adorable little silver dragonet was sitting right in front of her.
She was beautiful. Her scales had the same silver shine as her moms, but tints of mint green from her dad.

"Hello, little one." Silverdrop whispered.

"I'm going to call you Dewdrop."