Chapter 21

Hawker's POV

They had returned the dragonet to his family, and landed on the edge with some other dragons, (CavernWings) when a silvery-green SilkWing flew into him.

"Dewdrop!" He gasped. "Wait- what- how? When- what?!"

"I escaped!" She cheered. " I got out! But I couldn't have done it without my friends." She waved one talon over to a CavernWing? Crystallinewing? And a golden-orange HiveWing hovering nervously around the edge.

"Hello!" He said. "My name is Hawker."

"I know. I've hear a lot about you!" The HiveWing said. "My name is GoldSpot, and this is Emerald." She introduced.

"Hello!" Emerald said.

"Hi!" Elfin said, coming forward. She had been helping small dragons find their parents.

"Elfin!" Dewdrop gasped. "You're here to!"

"Yes! I came to rescue you, but it looks like you rescued yourself." Elfin chirped.

"Hi." Pine said. The leafwing had been pretty sad the past few days, and Hawker hadn't had time to check on him. Seeing the city burned must've been very upsetting though, to him it might've seemed like a reminder of the tree wars.

"I'm pine, and I helped a bit to. Mainly I just traveled with them though. I'm not much help underground." Pine flicked his tail.

"You were TOTALLY a help." Elfin argued. "I couldn't stand being with just him the entire time." She pointed at Hawker. "And you are a fun dragon to talk to!"

Hawker couldn't understand that last sentence at all, all the times Pine had talked to him, he had been a bit grumpy. That may be because I'm a HiveWing though. He thought. He dicided not to think about the other things she said.

"It's wonderful to meet you all!" GoldSpot said.

"If we're all safe, can we rescue Topaz now?" Emerald asked.

"Yes, of course!" Dewdrop said.

"Who?" Elfin asked.

"Emeralds girlfriend." GoldSpot told her. "She was captured my crystallinewing guards while we were trying to warn you about the attack."

"Thanks for trying to warn us." Quartz said. "I'm Quartz, by the way, banished CavernWing."

"Nice to meet you!" Dewdrop said.