Chapter 23

Hawker's POV

Hawker hissed and stabbed his wrist-stingers at the dragon. She dived out of the way, and swung her spiked tail at him. It Hutus nose, and she stomped down on his foot.
Hissing in pain, Hawker tried to claw at her face, only for his talon to be slashed back.

The dragon let out a sudden growl and turned around. Pine had jumped into the CrystallineWing's back, and raked his claws through one of her wings.

Hawker had recovered from the pain of being  hit on the nose, and slashed one of her feet.

"You... win..." the dragon growled.

Pine looked at her suspiciously.

"Look at me! Im not going anywhere."
They left the CrystallineWing laying there, and Hawker turned to his friends.
"Come on." He hissed.

"Wow." Elfin muttered.

"How did you two know how to do that?" Emerald asked.

"I was a HiveWing guard before I ran away." Hawker explained.

"I've been in training for my whole life." Pine said. "I always thought I'd be fighting against HiveWings, never with them."
He smiled at Hawker, and Hawker smiled back.

"Oh." Emerald said.
They continued on towards the front gates, and to their luck, no one was there.

"Everyone must be at the CavernWing city." Emerald said.

"Emerald, do you know the way to the prison?" Hawker asked.

"Yes, follow me." Emerald said.
They picked the lock on the gate, using Quartz's tail spikes, then continued on.

They wove their way through the twisting corridors, until they came to a locked gate, guarded by three CrystallineWing guards.

"Halt!" One commanded. "Who are you?" He looked suspiciously at Emerald.

"I'm... a ghoOoOoOst... fearrrrrrr meee... for I shall hauuunt your evvvvvvery step..." Emerald hissed.
The Guards looked confused.
Emerald threw off his cape and spread his wings, the green scales on his sides began to glow.
Emerald opened his mouth, and green flames scorched the ground by the guards. They screamed and ran away.

"What was that?" GoldSpot asked.

"That was my power!" Emerald said happily.

"What...?" Elfin, Pine, and GoldSpot asked simultaneously.

"Basically, every CavernWing/CrystallineWing has their own unique power, mine just so happens to be green fire, which is the same as all the ghost story's. It's great for pranking.
Glowtouch is different. Dragons with Glowtouch not only have it, but also their own special power!" Emerald explained.
"Does that help?"

"Yes, thank you!" GoldSpot said.
"What's your power?" She asked Quartz.

"Well, I have Glowtouch, but my own power is this." Quartz closed her eyes, and concentrated.
Then, slowly, she faded out of sight.

"You turn invisible?!" Elfin yelped.

"Kinda. Watch this." Quartz's voice said.
A shimmer appeared in the air behind Hawker, and Quartz re-appeared.

"Hello!" She chirped.
Hawker, Dewdrop,  and all the others turned around.

"It's not teleporting, or just walking while invisible. It's called phasing." Quartz said. "Basically, I can disappear, then reassemble my atoms in any way I want. So I can also be any different colors, or look whatever way I want. That takes more concentration, so I don't use this very much."

"That is SO COOL." Dewdrop said.

"Wow." Hawker said.
They had been walking while Quartz explained, and soon they arrived in the darkest part of the dungeon.

"If Topaz is anywhere, it's here." Emerald said.

"Your quite right, Emerald." A voice said from out of the darkness.

"Who said that?!" Quartz growled. The spikes on her tail stood straight up.

"Quartz, dear sister, I thought you would recognize me." And Sapphire stepped out of the shadows.