Chapter 4

Hawker's POV

"Is this it?" Elfin asked questioningly.

"Yup! This is Silverfish's house." Hawker replied. "He might know something about flamesilks, he is as old as Queen Wasp, after all."

"Ok." Elfin marched up to the door, but Hawker pulled her back as she did.
"Hey!" She protested.

"I think I should do the talking. I am the one who knows Silverfish, and I don't think he is that fond of SilkWings..." Hawker told her.

"Hmpf." Elfin growled.
Hawker walked up to the door, and tapped on it lightly.

The door swung open, almost hitting Hawker in the nose, and he had to jump back. Unfortunately, he landed, ungracefully, on his tail, tripped, then fell down.
Elfin let out a laugh.

"What do you Saplings want?" Silverfish asked. His voice was old, and kinda tired.

"This isn't the place to talk." Hawker said, gesturing around at the street.

"Aah." Silverfish said, amused.
"Well then, come in, come in."

Elfin hesitated before stepping in.
"You two, come on." Silverfish said. He lay down on a silk hammock and waited. "What do you want?"

"Well, do you know that SilkWing, the FlameSilk?" Hawker asked. He was very grateful that Elfin was staying quiet, but he knew this was hard for her.

"Yes. The one you love. Go on." Silverfish said.

"I— well— ok. She was taken— and we thought—well," Hawker stumbled over his words, not really knowing what to say.

"We were hoping you could tell us where the SilkWings who are FlameSilks are being kept." Elfin said.

"Elfin!" Hawker hissed.

"Hmmmmm..." silverfish interrupted him. "Well I myself do not know, but," he added before either dragonet could interrupt. " I may know someone who does. Pine!!!" He called suddenly, making both Hawker and Elfin jump.

The green SilkWing Hawker had seen earlier came out of a nearby room. He was defiantly the same dragon as before, but the SilkWing had no wrist cuff this time. Or antenna.
And the weirdest part, was that the dragon has two wings, not four.
There was no doubt about it.

This was no SilkWing.
This, was a LeafWing.