Chapter 22

Dewdrop's POV

They flew back across the cavern, and wizzed though the tunnels. Dewdrop had been reunited with Hawker, and she was over the moons about that.
I can't believe we found each other! How did he get down here? I just realized that I forgot to ask him.

"Wait."  Emerald said. He stopped and hovered in the small cave they stopped in.
"There are going to be lots of guards in the prison. We have to be extra careful."

"I know what to do!" Elfin exclaimed.
She started spinning silk from her wrists, and in a second, a cape had been formed. Then she rubbed the shining material in the dirt, and then she held a dark brown cape in her talons.

"I can make more of these." She said. "That'll make it easier to hide, especially for us with brighter scales."

"Wow..." Emerald said. "Dewdrop, can you do this to?"

"No, something went wrong with my metamorphosis, and I have no silk." Dewdrop said. She tried to make it sound alright, but she was really upset that she didn't get her silk. Silkweaving was a big part of SilkWing culture, and one thing HiveWings couldn't do.

"Aww, Dewdrop. We can find someone to fix your silk, don't worry." Elfin said, putting one wing over dewdrop.

"Thanks Elfin." She whispered.

Elfin made seven capes, and once all dragons were disguised, they started flying again.

The cave where the CrystallineWings lived was glowing, just like it always was. Dewdrop heard little gaps of "wow." From behind her, and knew that it was Hawker, Pines, Elfins, and Quartz's first time seeing the city of crystal.

"Follow me." Emerald said, flapping his wings, and diving into the city.
Dewdrop followed, and was aware of Hawker and the others diving after her.

They dove into the shadow of a building, and crept along the city streets, trying to stay in the shadows, and avoid attention.

They had made it to the gates of the palace, and were trying to find a way in, when things went wrong.

"Maybe, we could disguise our gem-scales, and sneak in as guards." Quartz said.

"That'll never work." Emerald said. "The guards have special codes that let them know who's allowed, and who's not."

" bright glowing mushrooms." Quartz muttered.

"Hey! What are doing here!" Someone barked.
The dragons turned around to find turquoise, the CrystallineWing guard, holding a spear.

"We were..." dewdrop trailed off.

"And what are you?" Turquoise yelped.

"A SilkWing!" Dewdrop said.

"Never mind, I don't care what you are, you all are coming with me."