Chapter 8

Hawker's POV

After flying for way to long, (according to his wings anyway,) they landed, stopping at a small stream to hunt, eat, and drink some water.

Elfin practically collapsed once her feet touched the ground, and had asked,

"You HiveWings make it look so easy! Why is flying so harrrrrrrd?"

No one had answered, so she left to go find something vegetarian to eat.

Hawker had caught a small rabbit-ish type thing with GIGANTIC ears, and a small bird dumb enough to approach the dragons.

After eating, and taking a drink of water, the three set off again.

Wind whistled in Hawkers ears, and his wings may have fallen off by now. Pine seemed to be doing fine.

A flash of light caught his eye from the savanna below, and he swerved down to get a closer look.

"Where are you going?" Pine asked, shouting after him.

The shiny thing was shaped kinda like a triangle, and gleamed in the moonlight filtering down from the clouds. It was about the size of his talon, and small enough to fit inside the  small bag he'd brought with him.

He carefully placed the triangle into his bag, then flew up to re-join the others. 

Pine rolled his eyes, and muttered something about HiveWings, then continued flying. By morning, the were about halfway across the savanna, due to Elfin's new wings. A dark pit, almost like a giant mouth was gaping out of the ground, as though it was trying to swallow the clouds.

Pine, the annoying dragon he was, dove right into it, Elfin following.
Hawker hesitated for a second. The last thing he wanted was to have done other dragon find him hovering suspiciously over a dark sinkhole, but flying into exact sinkhole didn't seem great either.

Unfortunately, he had no other choice.
Diving into the Pit of Horror, as he had came to call it in his head, hawker hoped that there was a bottom to this seemingly endless pit, even though, he had just dove into it.

And sure enough, there was. A rough stone floor almost scraped his nose, before Elfin gave a "Look Out!" And he pulled out of his dive just in time.

"Can anyone see anything?" Pine asked.

"No." Hawker replied.

"I can see a little." Elfin said. "Us SilkWings have good night vision, because we have no lanterns on the webs, we have to use what light we can find."

"Ok then." Hawker said. "We can't just wait for dragons to find us. Into the Pit of Horror."

"Wow, that was so encouraging." Pine said.

And with that, they walked foreword, into utter darkness.