Chapter 13

Hawker's POV

Hawker had been walking for a while. His talons hurt, and he was confused. Somehow, the two CavernWings were able to follow the tunnels in complete darkness, and soon they came to a dead end.

Or so he thought.

"We have to fly here." Sapphire said.

"We can't fly without light." Pine said, and Hawker thought he looked really exhausted.

"Hmmm. That is a problem." Sapphire said. "But don't worry. We can help." She closed her eyes and concentrated. Then the small blue spots on her scales started to glow.

Quartz concentrated for a minute, but then some of her scales started glowing to.

"There's still one problem. We don't know how far across it is." Hawker said.

"How far around is it?" Elfin asked.

"About 25 feet." Sapphire said.

"Ok, are we all ready to go?" Quartz asked.

"Yep." Hawker said.

"Yes." Elfin said.

"Yeah." Pine said.

"Ok, let's go!" Quartz said.

They all spread their wings, and flew across the cavern. There was one terrifying moment where Elfin almost fell, but Sapphire had caught her, and now they were all one the other side.

After a while of walking, a few more caverns, they finally came to a ledge that overlooked an entire city of dragons.
And it was glowing. The closer  they got to the city, the more bright Quartz's and Sapphire's scales glowed.

They walked through the city, and Hawker realized with wonder, that all the houses were made of giant glowing mushrooms.
A towering castle, made of many different colored mushrooms was able to be seen in the distance, and Hawker realized they were heading right towards it. 

Dewdrop would love this place. She always loved looking out at the hives at night, seeing all the little lights.

Dragons swarmed in the streets, and many of them casted interested glances at Hawker and his friends.

They walked towards the palace, when two CavernWings stepped in front of them, blocking their path.

••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••