Chapter 10

Hawker's POV

After a while of wandering through the tunnels, Hawker was ready to collapse. "I need a break." He said.

"Ok." He was surprised to hear Pine, almost out of breath, then remembered reading on old scroll about LeafWings, that said they get most of their energy from the sun.

"Yeah." Elfin said. The three dragons sat down.
"What are we going to do?" She asked.
"We're trapped here, with no food, no water, and no way out."

"Way to stay positive!" Pine muttered.

A scrapping sound came from one of the tunnels, and each dragon froze.

"What was that?" Elfin hissed.

"Shush!" Pine ordered.

They all froze. A pair of glowing eyes peered out curiously from the tunnel on the right. The eyes were followed by the head, neck, wings, and body of a dragon none of them had ever seen before.

It's scales were the color of stone, with gem like colors flecked here and there. It's eyes glowed, not bright enough to see with, but glowing all the same. It's wings were strange and arm-like, like a bats.

"Who are you?" The dragon asked. Her head tilted curiously. "I've never seen dragons like you in these tunnels before."

Elfin stepped forward. "My name is Elfin." She said. "My friends are Hawker and Pine. We come from the surface. Our friend-." She shot a meaningful glance at Hawker, "has been captured by HiveWings, and we are trying to save her."

"You're friend isn't down here." The dragon replied.
"What are you?" She asked again.

"We know Dewdrop- that's our friend- isn't down here. We came down here to hide. It was day time, so we couldn't have dragons seeing us. We never wanted to come this far into the tunnels."

"Oh. What are you?"
She asked.

"I'm a SilkWing, Pine is a LeafWing, and Hawker is a HiveWing." Elfin replied.

"If you are hiding from HiveWings, then why bring one with you?" The dragon asked.

"Hawker is the one who organized this rescue mission. He LoOoOoves Dewdrop." Elfin said teasingly.

"I understand. My name is Quartz. You are in the TunnelLands, in the home of the CavernWings."