Chapter 20

Dewdrop's POV

Dewdrop raced after Emerald and GoldSpot, her wings and heart beating in sync. (Very fast.)

They wizzed around a corner,  and the CavernWing city spread out before them.

It was on fire.

Dragons flew out from burning mushroom houses, and fled into tunnels. Mothers helped their dragonets, and a small legion of CavernWings were flying up to attack the crystallinewings.

"We have to help them!" Emerald said. A flash bright green caught dewdrop's eye, and she squinted forward.

Two green dragons, one with four wings, and the other with two, along with a CavernWing, and a black HiveWing were flying out of the city.
The green SilkWing, along with the CavernWing had small dragonets in their talons.
As she watched, an older CavernWing flew up to them, and snuggled their dragonet close.
Wait.
That looks like...

No.

It can't be.
Hawker? Elfin?

"This is going to sound insane." Dewdrop said. "But I see my friend and my boyfriend over there."

"Hawker?" GoldSpot asked. Dewdrop had talked to her about him on multiple occasions.

"Yes! And Elfin." Dewdrop said excitedly.

"Who are these dragons?" Emerald asked.

"Hawker is my illegal boyfriend, and Elfin is my best friend." Dewdrop explained.

"Why is Hawker illegal ?" Emerald asked.

"He's not. But in the hives— our city's— HiveWings and SilkWings aren't allowed to be in a relationship. We are anyways though." Dewdrop twitched her wings. 

"Ok. I want to meet them." GoldSpot declared. "Then after that we make sure that everyone is safe, and we rescue Topaz."

"Good plan!" Emerald said. "I like it."
The three of them lifted their wings, and flew across the cave.

"I'm so glad you're wings finally grew in!" GoldSpot yelled.

"Me to! It makes flying a lot easier! But something is still wrong with my silk." Dewdrop agreed.

"We can figure that out later." GoldSpot said.

As they reached the edge where the dragons were standing, dewdrop folded her wings, and dived into Hawker's arms.