Chapter 16

Dewdrop and GoldSpot flipped through the pages of the book, not really reading, just glancing at the text, or looking at the illustrations until GoldSpot spotted something.

"Hold on, flip back some pages." GoldSpot said.
Dewdrop flipped a few pages back to where GoldSpot had seen something.

A picture of a blue stone.

"This looks like Emerald's, doesn't it." GoldSpot said.

"It kinda does." Dewdrop agreed.

"Hear this : the Wayfinder stone is a rare gem that can only be found underground, in Glow Fish lakes. These stones hold the power to find the lost islands of WhistleWings."
GoldSpot looked at Dewdrop.
"Should we tell Emerald?"

"I don't know, maybe if the topic of the stone comes up again." Dewdrop said thoughtfully.

"How you guys doing?" Topaz asked.
She was walking over with Emerald, and Emerald was holding a book.

"Sapphire's ready to see you." He said.
GoldSpot closed the book, and both dragons stood up. They exited the library, and walked a little ways towards the castle.

They entered the front gates, and two guards waved at Topaz as she past, and sent strange looks at Dewdrop and GoldSpot.

As they walked through the castle, Dewdrop looked around. It was made entirely out of obsidian and turquoise stones, and the patterns they were placed in reminded Dewdrop of the webs. Intertwining and separating not quite at random.

They reached the throne room, was a dragon with brown scales, and gray wings. Blue Sapphire flecks patterned her scales, and her eyes glowed red.

Topaz and Emerald dropped into a bow, and Dewdrop and GoldSpot followed suit.

"Rise." The leader's voice sounded younger, and Dewdrop looked at her more closely. Realizing that Sapphire was much younger then she expected, only a little older then Dewdrop in fact, she was surprised that Sapphire had been elected.

"Who are you?" Sapphire asked.

"I am Dewdrop of the SilkWings, and that is GoldSpot of the HiveWings." Dewdrop said.

"Why are you here?"

"I was captured unfairly by the HiveWings, but GoldSpot helped me escape. We took a wrong turn in the escape tunnel, it was quite dark and twisty, then ended up in a crystaltail's hideout. Topaz rescued us."

"Very good Topaz." Sapphire said.
She twitched her tail at two guards standing in the corner.
"Take these two to the guest rooms, and make sure they are cared for."

Dewdrop and GoldSpot exited the room with the two guards. One had red flecks, and the other had orange.

Once they arrived at the rooms, the guards left. Dewdrop beckoned GoldSpot into her room, and they went inside.

They sat down and rested for a bit, but then Dewdrop heard voices coming from the room next to them.
She tapped GoldSpot on the shoulder with her tail, then held up one claw for quiet.

They listened.

"When do we attack?" Came a voice from the other room.

"In one quarter bat- cycle."
Another voice responded.

Dewdrop pulled GoldSpot away from the picture.

"That sounds like Sapphire and someone else." Dewdrop whispered.

They leaned back to the window.

"The CavernWing city will burn."