~Prelude: Mysterious Carriage~

Cold... So cold... and hungry... That was all he knew. He laid there in the stone cold alley, the rain coming down, as he huddles into the thin coat he uses for warmth. He didn't know how long he would last at this rate. He couldn't recall the last time he's had a good meal. Maybe he could go to the cathedral, the kind caretaker that lives there usually gives him food once in a while when he needed it.

He snaps out of his thoughts by the sound of an approaching horse carriage. He gets up, his feet bare and cold as he walks to the end of the alley, peaking out to see a big fancy, slightly see-through, carriage, pulled by two strange black horses. The carriage was currently still, most likely waiting for its passenger(s) and driver.

He looks around, to see no one, then his stomach growls. He hated having to do this, but a guy's got to eat and he can't keep doing it on the good will of others all the time. He swallows and approaches the carriage, opening then climbing inside of it to find something. Food, or maybe valuables or money he could use.

He suddenly began feeling tired, no doubt from the lack of sleep and nutrition he unfortunately suffered from, and things around him began going fuzzy. He tries to stay conscious, but the seat looked so comfortable and the inside of the carriage was pretty warm. He lays down on the seat and soon falls asleep.

~*Twisted Wonderland*~

"My dear beloved. A lovely and noble flower of evil."
"Truly, you are the most beautiful of all."
"Mirror, mirror, on the wall, who is the..."

He awakens from his slumber, only to realize the carriage was moving. He sits up abruptly and looks around to see he was the only occupant. He then looks out the front window, finding no driver and the carriage approaching a dark castle-looking structure. What was happening? Was he dreaming? He pinches his arm, wincing but finds that he is in fact awake.

"Those who are guided by the dark mirror..."
"As long as your heart desires,"
"take the hand that appears in the mirror."

He looks around again, noticing an oval shaped mirror across from him. How had he missed that before? The mirror cast no reflection, but an image of a hand that was outstretched to him, like he was supposed to take it.

Unsure, but not knowing what else to do, he reaches out and touches the glass. He then feels himself being pulled in and something take hold of his hand. Things once more begin to fade around him and he soon fell into unconsciousness again.

"For me... For them... For you..."
"We all are running out of time."

"No matter what... Never let go of my hand."

The next thing he knew, he was standing in the middle of what looked like ruins. Ash and crumbling rock surrounded him everywhere he looked. He then hears a loud roar and slowly turns to see a giant creature towering above him, growling and huffing as it stared down at him with menacing flaming blue eyes.

 He then hears a loud roar and slowly turns to see a giant creature towering above him, growling and huffing as it stared down at him with menacing flaming blue eyes

He was frozen to the spot in fear as the creature opened its mouth and let out another roar, shaking the ground and himself. The fire around its neck burning a bright azure blue. It looked down to him again and charged... Then... darkness...