~Prologue 6: Battle at the Mine~

Once again, the group was back at the entrance to the mine. Ready to enact their plan for besting the monster and getting the magic crystal in order to revoke their expulsion.

"You really think it'll all go as planned? I'm scar... no, just nervous." Grim asks.

"Maybe not, but it's the best we got. And it should work, if you two at least try to work together." Ezera replies then says to the other two.

"Alright, we get it." Ace replies with an annoyed sigh.

"We'll try our best, but are you sure you want to go in alone?" Deuce says then asks, sounding worried.

"It's the best way we can get the crystal." The dark-haired boy replied. "Alright, now!" He says and quickly hides behind some bushes.

"Hey, beasty! Over here!" Grim shouts for the monster. And soon after, the said monster emerges from the mine, growling at the trio.

"Grrrr.... LeaAAAAVVVEE!!!" It roars at them.

"Gah! Here it comes!" The fiery-feline yells.

"Over here beasty!" Ace shouts next.

"Yeah, come this way!" Deuce chimes in.

"Grr?! There... thief... too. Won't give... Mine... Mine!!" The monster growls and charges at the group. "Go away! Go away!" It kept roaring.

"It's pretty far from the tunnel now!" Grim says.

"Alright, in that case, Extra Large Tempest!" Ace says and uses his magic to attack.

"And the Great Grim's Fire special! Ffgnaaaaa!" The feline says and breaths fire.

With the creature distracted, Ezera sneaking made his way back into the mine for the crystal. Once again using his flames to light the darkness of the mine, he made his way back to where they saw the shine upon first encountering the monster.

"Ah-ha! There you are!" He exclaims, putting his fire as the light from the crystal was already visible enough to not need it. He approaches the glowing crystal and proceeds to dig it out of the mine wall.

"You found it!" A voice shouts and Ezera turns to see the trio run into the mine

"Guys? What happened to the monster?" He says then asks, noticing the creature was nowhere in sight.

"Juice here managed to trap it under a cauldron, so we came in." Ace answers.

"Again! My name is Deuce! Not Juice!" The said boy retorts. Suddenly, they all hear an enraged roar, so loud it shook the shaft. Grim whimpers and jumps into Ezera's arms.

"Crap! That's thing almost free already!?" Ace said in panic.

"Deuce, hurry and throw more stuff on it before it gets back up!" Ezera yells.