~Chapter 3-1: The Coming Storm~

Ezera groaned as he heard the sound of rain and thunder, opening his eyes to find himself somehow at sea. Overhead were a cluster of dark storm clouds and further away was a ship sailing through it, rocked by the waves.

"This is one crazy storm..." He thought at he watches the scene.

"A storm's coming! Hold on tight!" The voice of a sailor shouts in the distance. Amidst the chaos, Ezera noticed a young girl holding onto a man, swimming for the nearest shore.

"Look, he's still breathing!" The girl says as she sets him down on the sand, her lower now visible revealing she was a mermaid. She then looks up and quickly dives back into the sea as another man approaches.

"Prince Eric!" The man exclaims as he helps the younger man up.

"A girl helped me... She had a beautiful voice." The man, a prince named Eric it appears, says as the older man leads him away.

"I wonder why my heart is racing..." The mermaid says as she watches, pulling herself up onto a rock. "I know my dream will come true and someday I'll be, part of your world~!" She sang as a wave erupts behind her.

"Fufufu~" Hearing a sinister sounding laugh, Ezera notices two creepy eels nearby, watching her.

"What the-? Who are they?" He thought as his surroundings fade.

~*Twisted Wonderland*~

"A dream about the ocean...?" Ezera thought as he opens his eyes, finding himself in his now repaired dorm room. He sighs as he sits up in his bed, yawning while he stretches his arms, then notices the absence of a certain feline.

"Grim?" He calls and begins searching the bed, lifting up and looking under both the blanket and pillows.

"...If the trend for the questions is... Option 2 means it's a trick..." He then hears someone mumbling and looks across the room to the small coffee table to see his companion sitting onto of it, looking like he was reading something.

"Grim? What are you doing over there?" Ezera asks as he slides out of bed.

"Ffna! Don't surprise me like that. You're gonna make me forget everything that I memorized. Today's the last day of final exams too!" The feline responds. "Which reminds me, we should review your skills in reading." He then adds.

"Sure, we got some time." Ezera agrees and grabs a book from the new bookshelf and sits in the lounge chair by the able. His reading has improved significantly since coming to Night Raven, thanks in no small part to Grim's teaching.

"Alright, let's start where we left off, then also review our notes." The feline says as Ezera opens the book to the page where a bookmark was on.

"Alright," He says and holds up the book to start reading, when something occurs to him. "I've been meaning to ask Grim, where'd you get that notebook?" He asks and the feline seems to sweat.

"Eh, not important... Let's just continue our lesson." He brushes off and Ezera decides to leave for now and begins reading out-loud to the feline.

~*Twisted Wonderland*~

Later in the day, they along with the A-Deuce duo were in class, taking their last test for the Final Exams. Ezera thankfully didn't need to ask Grim to tell him what words were what and could read more fluently now and even understood his lessons more.

"Time's up, puppies. Put your pens down and pass in your answer sheet like good, obedient pups. This concludes your final exams." Crewel then announces and the students quickly oblige.