~Chapter 5-4: Let the Auditions Begin~

"Why do so many people here have supper hearing? This room is pretty noisy, but he heard us from like 10 meters away." Ace asks, looking startled. Deuce himself looked like he had a serious fright.

"The omnidirectional microphone that my brother gave me can pick up a person's whisper from up to 50 meters away." Ortho explains.

"Oh, very impressive. There's very few fae or beastmen that possess hearing that sharp." Lilia says, impressed. The boy with blue fire-like hair then giggles.

"Right! My brother is amazing. Ahem!" He compliments then clears his throat. "Just so you know, the headmaster gave us his express permission for the two of us to attend classes together. He didn't just bring me to school with him because he's lonely." He states, eyes slightly narrowed.

"Oh-Ohh, I see. Sorry, sorry." Cater nervously apologizes. "You Shroud brothers are as mysterious as one of the seven Mysteries of NRC so we just got ahead of ourselves." He adds.

"It's fine as long as you understand now. And I'm sorry for overacting. I don't want you getting the wrong idea about my brother..." Ortho says and apologizes himself.

"We're sorry as well..." Ezera says next. Though he'd interacted with Idia before, it was always through his tablet. He had yet to meet the Dorm Leader of Ignihyde face-to-face.

"By the way, are you here for the VDC audition too?" Cater then asks.

"Yep, that's right!" Ortho says and proceeds to explain how Idia developed a voice synthesizer, so he wouldn't have to speak during his presentation, and gave it to Ortho to test its capabilities. Hence the reason he was doing the audition.

"And so my brother got obsessed with making vocal synthesizers. He didn't compromise on quality and made something top tier, so we want to see what it can do. So we're using the audition for that." The robotic boy finishes.

"What? Making a voice program is allowed?!" Ace says in shock.

"Hah, hah, hah! I expect nothing less of the Dorm Leader of Ignihyde known for his prowess with magical engineering. He always think of the most interesting things." Lilia says in amusement.

"That just might work! Using those voice programs to write songs and upload videos is all the rage right now. I'm pretty into electric pop and stuff too." Cater says in awe himself.

"I don't understand what you're saying at all." Grim says, confused by all this.

"I'm, also lost... How can you program a voice?" Ezera says, also confused.

"Grim, Azure-kun, have neither of you ever watches virtual idols?" Cater asks and the two shakes their heads.

"Honestly, I don't even know what that means." The ravenette admits, clueless.

"Oh. In that case, I'll show you a video. Umm, let's see..." The orange haired boy says and brings out his phone, which he started tapping on. "Just a sec. You gotta watch an ad if you wanna watch the videos for free." He says and shows the others his phone as the ad plays.

"Hey, have you heard of the magical drink that will make your dreams come true with a single sip? Refreshingly fizzy. Dyed crimson with the flavor of love. Try the brand new Red Apple Soda." The model, a young boy with pale skin tone, short black hair and cute, innocent face, says.

"Oh, this is that drink ad that everyone's talking about. I gotta go support new releases. I'll go see if the student store has it later." Cater says.

"Oooh, so this Neige in the ad here is the one we were talking about during the Dorm Leader meeting. Apparently he's going to be in VDC." Lilia says.