~Prologue 4: A Heap of Trouble~

"They're all so cool... Unlike a certain raccoon and gypsy." Ace continued.

"Argh! What?!" The cat said. Yeah, what did he just say? Did he really mean...?

"Pfft... Hahaha! Oh! I can't bear it anymore! Ahahaha!" The red-haired says then bursts out laughing. "Aren't you two the ones who made a ruckus at the entrance ceremony? You monster weren't summoned, yet you snuck in!" He says to Grim, then turns to Ezera.

"Not to mention you gypsy! You were actually called by the Dark Mirror... I mean, it is a well-known fact your kind are fluent in magic, but still, you went and stole bread from the cafeteria! I guess I don't expect anything less! Ha!" He laughs and Ezera flinches back, a pang of guilt stabbing in his chest.

"Wha—?! How rude!? Especially to Ezera here! You have no idea!" Grim scowls.

"Ah... It seriously took everything I had not to lose it at the ceremony. Now you both have been relegated to janitor duty? I guess to pay off the bread you stole... Though who knows what else you took! Well, can't expect any less from a gypsy!" The boy continued to mock and laugh while Ezera tried to ignore him.

He had heard a lot of this before, being of the Roma he was constantly thought to be a thief and robber... but he only ever stole when he absolutely had to. It wasn't like he wanted or even liked stealing, despite what others think of him. Heck, part of the reason he had to steal was because people pegged him as a thief, refusing to help him and leave him to starve.

Grim noticed the state of the Romani boy. He was clutching his arms in a vice grip, that was bound to leave marks, he shook and tears were welling up in his eyes. He was clearly trying to keep himself steady and not let the other boy's hurtful words get to him, but they did. He then thought back to the countless wounds he saw on the dark boy's backside, then turns to the still laughing redhead and growls.

"Grr... That's it, you jerk! No one makes fun of the Great Grim! Or his student!" He yells then breathes fire right at Ace.

"Huh?! Hey! What the hell do you think you're doing?!" Ace exclaims jumping out of the fray, snapping Ezera out of his trance and alerting him to what's going on.

"It's what you get for making fun of me! And hurting Ezera like that! I'm gonna light up that fire head of yours!" Grim says and breathes more fire at Ace.

"Grim! Wait! No!" Ezera says trying to stop the ensuing fight.

"Fire head...? Huh... Well you've really got guts picking a fight with me." Ace says, annoyance on his face. "I'm gonna turn you into a fluffy little poodle's toy!" He says as Grim sends more fire at him. "Uh oh... Better watch out... Take that!" The redhead uses wind magic to blow the fire away.

"Grr... This jerk is blowing my fire all over the place! It's getting all twisted up!" Grim growls blowing more fire at the red boy.

"Huh? What's going on? A fight?" A passing student says.

"Really? Oh yeah! Get 'em!" Another student cheers.

"Wait! Don't egg them on!" Ezera cries worriedly.

"Seriously? A flimsy little fire like that won't hit me." Ace taunts the fire feline.

"What? You better be ready! Eat this!" The said cat says and sends more fire.

"And I just change the trajectory of the wind like, that!" The red-haired boy says back as he uses his wind to blow the flames away from himself.

"Oh no!" Ezera exclaims as the blue fire was heading for one of the statues. Acting quickly, he casts his own fire diverting the flames away from the statue. Although, it still left a bit of a mark as some of the fire burns a section of the stone art.