~Chapter 2-2: Troubling Answers~

Once classes concluded for the day, the first year group made their way to the Headmaster's office to talk with Crowley. Most likely to talk about the incident that happened at the official match, which Riddle was still recovering from.

"Headmaster, pardon the intrusion." Deuce greets formally as they enter.

"Pardon us." Ace says himself. Ezera was quiet but he bows in greeting.

"You're all here, I see. Let's get right to the matter at hand... Now that things have calmed down after the Heartslabyul incident the other day, there is a matter that I must discuss with you lot. You all need to know about the berserk state that Mr. Rosehearts fell into if you are to become wizards." The dean says in greeting.

"It was overblot, right?" Deuce asks, remembering what he heard back then.

"I've heard about it from my bro before but, to actually seeing someone build up enough blot to become is something else. He really went full on "evil berserker mode"." Ace comments next.

"Hey, what is "blot" anyway?" Grim asks.

"I'm, a little lost myself." Ezera admits.

"Really? Do gy-- Romani! Romani, not know about blot?" The heart boy asks.

"Well, in any case I'll explain. For I am gracious." Crowley says while clearing his throat. "To put it simply, blot is a type of waste created after one uses magic. In the same way a vehicle creates exhaust as it burns fuel to run. Spells burns magic to manifest, and create blot at the same time... That should be easy enough to grasp." He explains to them.

"Oh," Ezera exclaims, getting everyone's attention with confused looks. "I realized what you were talking about. My people don't call it "blot", but I am aware what you're talking about. It's when you use your magic too recklessly/excessively, and it ultimately grow out of control, especially when you yourself aren't stable." He explains, and Grim, plus Ace and Deuce, looked shocked.

"Precisely, I'm afraid." The headmaster states. "Blot itself has been researched since the dawn of recorded history, but there is so much we don't know about it. Many mysteries, waiting to be solved. One thing that is known for sure is that blot is a toxin, and building up too much will cause great harm to both the mind and body." He continues.

"Oh yeah, my grandma used to always say: "You'll build up blot so don't use your magic all willy-nilly". She went on and on about it." Ace says.

"With great power comes just as great risk. No matter how strong or talented the wizard, they cannot use magic infinitely." The dean supports.

"So you're say the more we use magic, the unhealthier it becomes!?" Grim asks.

"No, that's not exactly it." Crowley rebukes. "Hmm. It might be faster to just show you rather than just explain. My dear ghosts, it's time for work!" He says and a group of ghosts suddenly appear.

"Yo, you called us, Headmaster." One of ghosts says.

"E-eh? What's going on?" Ace asks, a little nervous.

"First, please lend a hand in helping temper these young ones." Crowley says to the ghosts. Wait, what?!

"Here we go. Let's go a round." The bigger ghost says.

"Ready your magical pens everyone. Your special lesson with the headmaster isn't over just yet." The crow-mask man then says and the fight between ghosts and students began.

~*Twisted Wonderland*~

"Oi, Headmaster! Talking about blot and fighting ghosts have nothing to do with each other!" Grim complains once the fight with the ghosts was done. Ezera was confused himself.