~Chapter 5-2: Auditions Open~

Several days following the Dorm Leader's meeting, Ezera and Grim met up with both Ace and Deuce in the cafeteria following the first half of a day of classes.

"Ffna~ I'm starving! The day feels so much longer when we have PE in the morning, you know." Grim groans, slumped on Ezera's shoulder.

"Dude, you get super hungry whether or not we've got PE. ...Hm?" Ace says then hums when he notices something.

"What's up? Seems everyone is interested in something on the wall." Deuce also notices and Ezera turns to see a bunch of NRC students huddled against the wall. The quartet moves towards said wall to get a better look.

"A poster?" Ezera observes, seeing said poster posted on the wall. Deuce then moves in closer to get a better look.

"Let's see, it says... 'National Magic School Joint Cultural Festival: Vocal & Dance Championship. On-Stage Performer Audition'?" He reads aloud. "Ooh, it's about the culture festival." He then realizes.

"It's on TV every year, so I usually end up watching, but I didn't know they were selected through audition." Ace admits and takes a closer look himself. "...'Come all with pride in their singing and dancing! This is your chance to make your pro-debut! Take your spot at the top of all high school students!

"...'If your team's chosen as a finalist on the day of the event... You will earn the prize of five million madol to be equally divided amongst yourselves'..." He reads. Wait, what was that last part?

"FI-FIVE MILLION MADOL EQUALLY SPLIT!?" The boys, plus Grim while excluding a stunned silent Ezera, all exclaim in utter shock.

"That is correct. Isn't it splendid?" Crowley says as he appears out of nowhere.

"GAHH! YOU SCARED ME!" The trio exclaim, jumping from surprise. Even Ezera yelped in shock this time.

"Headmaster, think you could stop just popping up out of nowhere?" Ace pleads.

"Oh, my apologies. It's not my intention to scare you." The masked man claims. "The reason we can provide a prize like that for the Vocal & Dance Champion is... Because we've received an enormous number of sponsors for this event. VDC is on a much greater scope than a normal musical contest. Finalists in this event are likely to receive a variety of debut offers from entertainment and music labels.

"It wouldn't be a stretch to say you could become buddies with an overnight sensation. You can ignore your ties to the school and dedicate yourself to chasing after your future through the music battle. You have to offer up a worthwhile reward to get the elites to show up." He proceeds to explain.

"That makes sense. For the sponsors this is a chance for them to find a real money maker, so...five million madol is pocket change for them." Ace realizes.

"With that much money, I could buy a whole mountain of the 300 madol high quality tuna cans!" Grim exclaims.

"Wait, wait, wait... It says here that the prize is split equality between the team members. So a four person would mean everyone gets... five million divided by four is... one... one million three..." Deuce reminds and starts calculating.

"1.25 million madol. You could buy 4,000 of the 300 madol tuna cans." Ace interjects and answers correctly.

"Woohoo!! 4,000 cans!!!" The feline cheers excitedly. "Hey, hey. I wanna be in this thing." He says to Ezera.

"You have to pass the audition first, Grim." Ezera reminds.

"That won't be a problem. With your dancing and singing and my amazing tambourine playing, this will be easy-peasy!" The feline says confident.