~Chapter 4-11: Aftermath and Reunions~

"Ugh... Where am... I..." Jamil asks as he finally regains consciousness.

"What a relief. We were able to bring you back to your senses." Azul says.

"Ffnaa... That shadow beast is gonna be visiting my dreams..." Grim then says, teary-eyed.

"Ja... Jamil... WWWAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!" Kalim exclaims as he bursts into sobs.

"Baby Otter, you're not using your words." Floyd says, amused.

"It seems he's forgotten all about that punch he was talking about." Jade quips.

"I... I'm so glad you're alive... You're really alive..." The white haired boy cries.

"...Why are you falling apart...?" Jamil says with an annoyed sigh.

"I had, I had... I had no idea how you felt this whole time. You-you've always... Been carrying that weight, I had no idea..." The albino boy says while sobbing.

"As a result, you went and cruelly betrayed Kalim." Azul says next.

"Yup. Sea Snake, you've been making a fool of Baby Otter this whole time without saying a word." Floyd says.

"You guys are worse at reading the room than I am, you know." Grim states.

"You're re-really a piece of work... But that doesn't change the fact you were helping me this whole time too." Kalim says next. "That all ends today. You don't have to hold back because of our families' status or master-servant relationship. Starting today, let's become rivals, both aiming for number one without holding back. Let's be friends... As equals, Jamil." He declares.

"Friends... Equals...? That's a very Kalim-like solution... Then, there's something I want to say, as equals. ABSOLUTELY NOT!!!" Jamil says then exclaims, shocking the young heir.

"Thoughtless and flakey, stupid and clumsy, infuriatingly carefree and arrogant, completely lacking in any sort of tact!! Who in their right mind would be friends with someone like that of their own volition!? Unless it's in my interest, I have no intention of spending of a second of my time with you!" He states.

"Eh, eeeeeeeehhh!? What the heck!?" Kalim exclaims in response.

"We really busted open this can of worms. He's cutting Kalim to pieces with his words..." Grim says, himself startled by the outburst.

"Isn't it fine like this? I much prefer this ruthless Jamil." Azul says with a smile.

"What do you want? That smirk of yours is creepy." The coal-haired boy asks.

"Actually, I've been very curious about you since we were first-years. Because you never stood out, I thought you were just some frivolous student. Your grades in class and practical exams were nothing to be impressed with. At the same time... You never let your grades drop too far.

"In every subject you scored perfectly in the middle so I had a hunch that it was on purpose. There's no way something like that could happen by chance. So I thought there must be something forcing your hand but... After listening to all this, it all made sense." The silver-lavender haired boy explains.

"Now I see. Azul, your grades in potions are top level but, it's faster to count from the bottom for your ranking in flying." Jade says.

"That might be going a little far..." Grim says, recognizing the taunt.

"Honestly it was the same story when we played mancala. The real reason you didn't play us was because you didn't want us to catch on. Am I right?" The octo-mer then adds and the boy winces. "It turns out my hunch was correct. Jamil's true potential is truly marvelous!" He then finishes.