~Prologue 7: Reconsideration Miracle~

Upon arriving back at Night Raven College, the group made their way to Crowley's office and proceeded to inform him of their completed task while Ezera presents the magic crystal for the man to see.

"Eh?! You four really went to Dwarfs' Mine to find this crystal?" The headmaster said, looking surprised. What? "I really didn't think... You'd not only go but then come back with a magic crystal in hand. And after I completed the paperwork for your expulsion..." He says, muttering the last bit to himself, but they heard it.

"Nnga! The nerve of this guy! And after we fought a crazy beast to get the magic crystal!" Grim yells, sounding outraged.

"Beast?" The crow-makes man asks, sounding oblivious.

"We arrived at the mine, there was this giant monster there guarding the crystal! We're lucky we escaped with our lives!" Ace answers.

"Could you perhaps explain in more detail?" The headmaster asks.

"I can." Ezera says and proceeds to explain about the creature, how they came up with a way to distract it to the get the crystal and eventually managed to defeat it.

"So, while searching for the crystal, you came across a mysterious monster in the old mine, and the four of you worked together in order to destroy it and get the magic crystal. Am I hearing this right?" The man reiterated.

"Well, we didn't really work together per say..." Ace says.

"Yeah, it was more like our goals were aligned." Deuce agrees.

"I guess that is true..." Ezera thought, then jumped, along with the others, upon hearing the dean start sobbing hysterically. "H-headmaster, are you alright?" He asks concerned.

"W-what's with this guy? Why is the adult here suddenly bursting into tears like that?!" Grim exclaims, confused.

"In all these years that I've been headmaster... For the day to come that students of Night Raven College would go hand-in-hand to face and defeat their enemy! I am just so..." The man said as he continued to cry.

"What?! I did not hold this guy's hand!" Deuce rebuffs.

"I would never do that! Gross!" Ace agrees repulsed.

"Though, Deuce, I never did thank you for wrapping up my cut I got in the mines. So, thank you." Ezera says with a grateful smile while holding his injured hand.

"Oh, you're welcome. Glad I was of help." The spade boy says, blushing slightly.

"Actually, Mr. Hearn, why did you and Grim go with these two to the mine when they were the ones going to be expelled?" The headmaster asks, having calmed down from his crying fit. Wait, what was that?

"Wait, weren't you going to toss me and Grim out?" Ezera asked, surprised.

"No, of course not. It was these two who caused all the trouble, even with Grim's involvement in the statue incident that was because someone provoked him and also insulted you." Crowley says, looking at Ace, who sweats nervously. Deuce himself looked ashamed.

"So, you weren't mad and were going to fire me?" Ezera asked, timidly.

"No. Given your situation, there was no way I would do such a thing. And, despite my reservations against allowing Grim to stay before, it is clear the two of you have grown close and you can take care of him." The dean says and Ezera felt so relieved to hear all this.

"Well, it's a good thing Ezera did come along. In the end, we may have been able to weaken that thing, but it was Ezera who got rid of it." Deuce then says.