~Prologue 5: The Crystal Mine~

When Ezera opened his eyes, he found himself, and the others, in a new location all together. They were standing in a dark and silent forest, surrounded by old trees, with a stream and a small cottage nearby.

"So this is Dwarfs' Mine... It used to be very prosperous back in the day thanks to magic crystal mining, but now..." Deuce says.

"Uugh... It feels like something could jump out at any time..." Grim said nervously while huddling up to Ezera who was holding him.

"Oh, there's a house back there. Let's go ask them about the mine." Ace suggests pointing to the cottage, and the group starts making their way to it.

"Gyah!" Ezera suddenly exclaims upon feeling a tug on his shirt's sleeve.

"Wah! What's that?! What's happening?!" Grim exclaims in panic.

"Ezera, are you okay?!" Deuce asks concerned.

"Oh, sorry... I thought I felt something grab me. Turns out it was just the branch." The dark-haired boy said in embarrassment as he unhooked his sleeve from said branch. Ace's laughing wasn't helping.

The quartet continued, crossing the small bridge over the stream and walked the path to the small house. Deuce then steps forward and knocks on the door.

"Good evening... I hope we're not intruding but we need to ask something." He says but receives no answer. He then tries the door and finds it unlocked, so he opens it to reveal the inside. "I guess it's abandoned. It's a mess in here." He says and they all head inside, Grim jumping down from Ezera's hold.

"Puwah! I got a spider web in the face... Peh, peh!" The feline said while spitting out the bits of web that got in his mouth.

"Aren't the tables and chairs on the small side? Are they for kids?" Ace says while observing the furniture.

"The Headmaster called it Dwarfs' Mine, so maybe they were made for dwarfs." Ezera suggests. "Though, I've never seen a dwarf in person." He added in thought.

"One, two... There's seven! So many!" Ace exclaims, deciding to ignore Ezera.

"It was probably a lively home when Dwarfs' Mine still flourished." Deuce says.

"Well they did what they had to. After all, magic crystals are found inside of coal." Ace comments. "For now, let's go check it out. The mine should be around here, somewhere." He says next and the group leave the house in search of the mine.

~*Twisted Wonderland*~

"So this is the mine..." Ezera thought, starring down what could only be described as a dark abyss. The blowing wind sounding like groaning, which didn't help.

"W-we're really gonna go into that pitch black hole?!" Grim said nervously.

"Are you scared? Lame." Ace insults, Grim looking ready to retort.

"Actually, I'm a little nervous myself, Grim. Do you think you can guard me while we're done there?" Ezera cuts in and asks with a fond smile and the feline perks up.

"Don't worry! The Great Grim will protect you! Let's go!" He says and heads into the mine. Ezera behind him, followed by Ace and Deuce.

"It's pretty dark in here, I'm having trouble seeing." Deuce says as it progressively got darker the further they went in.

"Hang on, I can fix that." Ezera says then lights a flame in his hand for light.

"Thanks," Ace says. "Pfft... Never thought I'd say that to a gypsy..." He mutters to himself, but was heard by the others.