~Chapter 1-8: Unhappy Unbirthday~

Once again, Ezera found himself in the hedge maze with the black and white haze.

"Is this... Another dream?" He thought but then heard a loud voice shout.

"Who went and sullied my roses! Prepare yourself!" The furious voice of a woman yells. He turns to see a large, older lady in a black and red dress and crown. In one hand, she held a heart-shaped fan and in the other the painted rose tree.

"I beg your forgiveness, your highness! It was their fault!" The three of clovers says, pointing his finger at his two fellow cards.

"No! It wasn't me! It was Ace!" The two of clovers frightfully blames.

"Was it you?" The woman, a queen most likely, asks the said card.

"No, it was Two!" The ace replied, blaming the other guy.

"Two's doing?" The angered queen inquires.

"No, it was Three!" The card blamed the three next.

"Enough! Off with all their heads!!" The queen exclaims then commands. Other card soldiers then came and began dragging the poor cards away, cheering.

"Of course you lose your head for planting the wrong color." A two of diamonds says, rather rudely.

"I can't believe anyone would mix up red and white." A three of spades snarks.

"But, this isn't fair! You don't need to take someone's head over rose colors!" Ezera thought, honestly horrified by the way this so-called queen was ruling.

~*Twisted Wonderland*~

Ezera gasped as he awoke to find it was morning. He sighs as he sits up in bed while running his fingers through his messy hair, getting out a few of the tangles in it. He noticed Grim was still asleep next to him and couldn't but smile, but was then startled by the sound of knocking.

"Ezera, are you awake?" Deuce's voice asks from the other side of the door.

"Yes. I am now." Ezera replies and gets up out of bed.

"I don't mean to rush you, but we need to leave soon. Today's the Unbirthday Party, and it'll off with our heads if we're late!" The spade boy reminds him.

"Oh, right! I'll be right there!" The roma calls back then turns to Grim. "Grim! Grim! Wake up!" He says and gently shakes the feline awake.

"Hrngh...? Nya! Oh, Ezera, what's up?" The feline-creature asks once awake.

"Today's the day. We got to get ready." The ravenette informs him and the two quickly get to it.

Ezera took a quick shower and combed out his hair, also giving Grim a quick wash and tying on his bow while getting dressed himself. With that done, the two made their way downstairs to meet up with Ace and Deuce.

"Hey, Ezera, good morning." The red boy greets him. Just then, there was a knock at the front door of the building.

"Hm? Sounds like someone's here." Deuce says and goes to answer.

"Good morning! Did you enjoy your sleepover? Was it an evening of pillow fights and cards games?" Cater greets, cheery as usual.

"Morning, Cater. We didn't really play cards, but Ezera gave us a reading with his fortune telling ones." Ace greets back and tells him.

"Oh... I didn't know Azure-kun could divine the future. Was it a positive reading?" The diamond boy asks.

"We're, actually not too sure about that." Deuce replies.