~Chapter 2-3: Suspicious Accidents~

With the conclusion of the Dorm Leaders' meeting, Ezera made his way back to Ramshackle Dorm. Inside, he found Grim lying on the lounge sofa, still depressed about not being able to play in the Magift Tournament.

"Aahhuuhh. I just don't wanna do anything... Nothing brings me joy if I can't play magift." Grim says overdramatically. Ezera then sits down next to him.

"There, there, Grim. Like Deuce said, we'll have to see about getting new students next year." The ravenette boy comforts while scratching Grim down his back.

"Hey! What's up Grim-y boy? What's got your fur in a bunch?" Laverne greets then asks, as the ghost trio appears before them.

"Apparently, he's pouting because they won't let him play in the Magical Shift Tournament. Hee, hee, hee!" Hugo says and laughs.

"If you want to play that bad, then we'll play against you." Victor then offers. What? "Truth is, we used to be quite the players, who drove the crowds wild 90 years ago!" He then says. Both Grim and Ezera looked up at that.

"Don't we need a team of seven, though?" The romani boy asks.

"Yeah, that's what the headmaster said after all." Grim supports.

"It's not official, so it really doesn't matter..." Laverne replies. "Well, let us not dawdle and get going!" He says next and they make their way out to the yard.

From there, the trio of ghosts proceeds to teach the Ramshackle Duo about the game and how to play it. Which was thankfully simple, as it was just like how Ace and Deuce described before. While a little clucky at first, the two managed to get the hang of it and even scored a few goals.

"Woo-hoo! We did it!" Grim cheers. Ezera himself smiles in delight.

"Well done, both of you. Especially for first-timers." Laverne compliments.

"Hello, everyone. Are you playing Magical Shift?" Crowley greets as he suddenly appears to the group, and he wasn't alone.

"Hi Esmera-kun! I came to talk and ran into the Dean here while on the way over here." Sam says and explains.

"Greetings Headmaster, Sam..." Ezera greets the two men.

"Geh! It's the guy that always brings down the mood, and the weirdo." Grim says.

"I see you're getting along well with the dormitory ghosts. Splendid, splendid." The headmaster says, seemingly ignoring Grim's comment.

"We are not getting along! What do you want anyway?" The feline demands.

"I am curious about that myself. I came to talk to a fellow Romani about a job at my store. Why are you here, headmaster?" Sam himself asks.

"I have a request to make. Though it's not a simple chit-chat, so let's go inside to talk." The crow-mask man replies then states and everyone heads into the dorm building, making their way to lounge.

"So what's this request about? We aren't your handymen anymore, you know?" Grim asks and states.

"Is this about the upcoming tournament?" Ezera asks next.

"Yes, and no. And, I don't remember saying anything about your room and board being free of charge. Labor is a beautiful thing, right, Grim, Mr. Hearn." The man states, ending with a weirdly cheerful smile. His tone making Ezera nervous.

"Oh come on, Dean. Don't be like that! What is this really about?" Sam says then asks and the headmaster sighs.

"If you must know, recently there have been an increasing number of students injured in suspicious accidents and I'd like for you to investigate them." The dean informs and says.