~Chapter 3-3: Keep Your Friends Close, But Your Enemies Closer~

"We came all this way to monitor Azul, but..." Jack says, the two standing in the school hallway outside of Azul's classroom.

"By skipping class." Ezera finishes for him, not feeling good about this either.

"This was a direct order from the headmaster. I'm sure he'll see cutting class as part of it." The silver haired boy says. "That and I'm tired of this losing streak. If you're gonna find the secret to Azul's strength, I wanna know too." He adds and the two head into the classroom, making sure to keep hidden.

"La~ La la la~ Lalalala~" Azul sings, the class being for music.

"That guy's got a pretty good singing voice." Jack says, impressed.

"Yeah, but his last line was a little off." Ezera says, as something wasn't right here.

"Wait, you can tell?" The wolf asks, surprised.

"I have a perfect pitch." The Roma explains. "I don't know what it is, but there's something about his singing voice that doesn't sound, natural, I guess." He adds.

The lesson soon ended and the two tail Azul to his next class, making sure to try and keep the boy from seeing them. The class was apparently animal language arts, taught by Professor Trein. Currently, Azul appeared to be talking to Lucius.

"Mrro~~oww. Mraw." He says, sounding like a cat.

"Meow~~... Pff." Lucius seems to reply.

"Hmmhmm, I see. According to Lucius, the last treat Mr. Trein gave him was three hours ago." The bespectacled boy says.

"As expected from you Ashengrotto. That is correct." Trein himself confirms.

"He can understand animal language and also speak it himself." Jack observes

"I didn't even know there was such a class taught here." Ezera admits.

Once the class let out, the two followed Azul to his next lesson, which took place in a new room with shelves of different plants. It appeared to be alchemy and was taught by Mr. Crewel. Azul himself was working on something.

"A beluga's tooth, sturgeon eggs, aurora moth scales and mermaid tears. Add in extract from 120 kinds of medicinal herbs blended together..." He says as he puts in and mixes said ingredients into a cauldron, a "poof" of purple smoke being the reaction. "It's complete! If you drink this potion it will be possible to change part of your body into another animal." He announces.

"Good boy! This level concoction is something you'll see at the end of your third year. You other puppies would do well to watch and learn from Ashengrotto." Crewel compliments.

"He can also put together difficult potions... perfectly." Jack says in awe.

"Maybe I should take notes for when I take this class." Ezera himself considers.

~*Twisted Wonderland*~

Soon enough, it was lunch time, so Jack and Ezera followed Azul to the cafeteria.

"For lunch today, I'll have squid ink pasta. Oh, can't forget to have vegetables as well. Eating just carbs will make my diet very unbalanced... More importantly, I'll gain weight." Azul says as he gets his food.

"Azul really seems like a flawless honor student." Jack says as he watches.

"Strange though, it doesn't seem, 'real'. He also seems awfully concerned about gaining weight." Ezera thinks.

"Ffgnaa~~~ I'm dead tired from being pushed around by Azul..." A familiar voice groans and the two turn to see a certain trio.

"He's been making me run around cleaning Octavinelle, and also waiting tables at the lounge and buying supplies." Ace laments.