Chapter [19]

The songs for this chapter are:

-Waiting Game: Banks

-Heroine: Sleeping With Sirens

-Where Are Ü Now: Skrillex & Diplo ft. Justin Bieber

-Full Circle: Miley Cyrus

Comment your reactions to things as you go, I hope you find all the hidden clues I have embedded in this... enjoy the mind blowing cliff hanger...

Selena's POV

Wait, what?

"What?" My bottom lip gapes open as Justin slides the ring on my finger. He lets go of my hand long enough for me to pull away and examine the piece of fine jewelry.

"Are you proposing?" I ask dumbfounded.

Is Justin asking me to marry him?

My heart is already pounding in my chest, and I fear he might feel my body shaking.

"One day," Justin whispers, his eyes suddenly are the only thing I see, as his face inches closer, "What would you say?"

"One day," I roll my words around, "I might say yes."

It's cheesy and stupid and just everything out of a movie, but the kiss we share makes my head spin round and my toes curl.

It's almost like a promise and this time I hope we both will be able to keep it.

When I pull away to pick the journal back up, Justin places his hands over mine.

"I didn't kill her." His eyes are so dark but I can tell he is pleading with mine to belief him.

And I do.

"I know, Jay," I whisper turning away from his face to really examine Demi's journal.

"Was she pretty?" I ask and Justin leans his head back. He doesn't speak for a moment and I so I encourage him, "It's okay, I want to know."

He nods, "Yes, she was very pretty, and innocent. She had dark hair and dark eyes, and," he smiles at the memory of her, "she had a cleft chin. I never liked them much on women, but she made it work. I used to know she was lying when she'd run her fingers over her chin. I don't know why, but she did it,"

He stops and I smile.

Instead of feeling any bit of jealously, I am moved. Every bit of my body is filled with love and I realize that sometimes looking at the bigger picture is better than only focusing on a small part.

There are small parts to every life, just like there are larger parts, but I feel as if sometimes we mix up the two.

As if our brain choses what we want to remember, instead of what we need to remember.

But I just hope I will remember all of this if one day I have to look back on it.

The whole room seems to have warmed, or maybe it's just because Jay is holding me in his arms, but I revel in the embrace, as if tomorrow this won't be the same.

Sometimes, it's not. You never can tell with us.

"She wrote something to you." Justin says just as I am about to close my eyes listening to the soft drumming of his heart.

"To me?"

He shrugs, "Well, to whoever I was going to be with next, and it just so happened to be you. Do you want to read it?"

I nod eagerly, as he moves through the pages, her sweet and yet sloppy handwriting flashing before my eyes.

I wonder what she wrote in all those entries, what kind of person she was, who she is now? Where she is now?