Chapter [40]

The songs for this chapter are:

-In the Night: The Weekend

-Wake Me Up Inside: Linkin Park & Evanescence (this song though! Please google and listen to it when you have time)

-Hanging By a Moment Here With You: Lifehouse

-What Hurts the Most: Cascada

-Alive: Sia

I haven't updated since last year! *claps hands together like a seal, throws head back, falls out of chair while dies laughing over New Years joke*

Also comment if you think you know where Justin is before he says it :)

Justin's POV

JUNE

"Do you wanna talk about it?" He asks cautiously. His eyes scan my face as if he remembers just exactly what happened the four other times I lashed out just like last night. I think I've already bought him five lamps; but now six because I'll have to replace the lamp I broke last night.

I run my fingers through my hair as my elbows rest on the kitchen counter. His flat is shit, but at least he welcomed me in when I knocked on his door, without any warning a couple months ago.

He has been a kinder man to me than I ever was to him.

"No," I groan, my head is killing me and I can tell my friend is trying his hardest not to push me over. He's been the kind father I never asked for every single night I've come home, lifting me up off his floor, cleaning my busted knuckles and staying with me until I was completely asleep to wash away the nightmares from the night. Some mornings I even found him asleep on the floor at the foot of my bed.

Home. This is not my home though, and the mattress I sleep on, is not my bed. It's temporary, as like the one Selena once slept in, in my home. But the longer I spend away from Tacoma, I'm beginning to think I never belonged there in the first place.

So I did go home.

Ryan sighs lifting his coffee cup to his lips. It's way too early to have a heart to heart with the friend I hadn't seen in ages until a couple months ago, but I can feel it coming. When he pulls his cup away from his lips, I know he is going to start something I will cut off.

I don't know sappy shit with anyone.

Except Selena.

I would fill a bowl a sappy shit for Selena, but not anymore.

It's time to return to my cold self. I don't need her, and she doesn't need me.

I should slap myself at how stupid that sounds, even I know that's not true, I'm just too fucking stubborn.

"Bieber-" he starts and I can't contain myself before I slam my palms on the counter suddenly making him jump and my head erupt in pain. Maybe that wasn't such a great idea, but I can feel the fire burn and delicate taste of hatred sting at the tip of my tongue.

"Butler!" I pry, my hangover pushing me to be extra vicious as I stand up, "I don't want your help, I don't want anyone's help. Let me get worse, let me get beaten in bar fights, let me drink until I can't remember my name! Let me! God dammit, just let me!"