Chapter [47]

The songs for this chapter are:

-Stitches: Shawn Mendes

-Another Lonely Night: Adam Lambert

-Castaway: Five Seconds of Summer

-Vapor: Five Seconds of Summer

Chase wasn't at school on Monday the following week. It was our last Monday before graduation and to say the least I didn't even care. I was dying of nerves thinking he would be the first person I saw, but thankfully I went through a whole day without getting a visit from anyone. Yovanna kept her distance but every now and then she would smile from across the hallway at me.

It's been two days, well three now since it's Tuesday, and Justin and I haven't spoken since I broke down a couple nights ago. I hung up after he told me that we both knew he would come running back and I didn't pick up again even when he called and called countless times.

What was the point?

He isn't even here.

And I've tried to forget all about why the hell I even went to the Parker's place in the beginning. It was because of Justin's stupid note that probably means shit.

I threw the note away after I tore it up in frustration and had to clean the mess up before returning Zedd's car on Sunday.

I texted him that morning when I said I would, after I got home from Jonas's apartment and he gave me address. I didn't really think it through however, because if I drove his car there how was I going to get home?

Nonetheless I went, crying the whole drive because of Justin.

It's all because of Justin.

****

I wipe my eyes furiously before making sure everything was the way Zedd left it, and climbing out of his car.

He lives in his own house, figures, and by the looks of the outside its nice. It's around the same size as my parents house, but the paint is much newer and the lawn is actually mowed.

I walk slowly up the walkway to his front door, making sure to put one foot in front of the other. I'm not sure why, but focusing on something so stupid, helps to keep me from thinking about the real issue here.

Zedd opens the door on my third knock.

Took him long enough. He knew I was coming, but when he opens the door and stands there in his boxers and a white t-shirt, hair still disheveled, his eyes go wide.

I smile, "Am I too early?"

He quickly shakes his head trying to search for his words, "Oh no, I just had a late shift last night and-" he steps aside lifting his arm up to let me in.

I step inside and glance down to make sure I don't step on his bare feet.

"It's okay." I smile and he smiles back. His eyes still waking up when suddenly they narrow and he steps closer to me.

"Have you been crying, Selena?" his hand tucks under my chin but I quickly turn my head out of his touch.

"Yeah, but it's okay, I'll be fine." I cross my arms and Zedd stares at me. He seems like he wants to say more but I cut him off, "So here are your car keys," I hold them out and drop them in his hand when he lifts it, "I'll, um, see you around."