Chapter [37]

The songs for this chapter are:

-Mark My Words: Justin Bieber

-Company: Justin Bieber

-No Pressure: Justin Bieber ft. Big Sean

-The Feeling: Justin Bieber ft. Halsey

-Purpose: Justin Bieber

*uses whole Purpose album*

JUNE

There was once a hazel eyed boy who stalked the towns of Tacoma, Washington. He ruled in the wealthier parts of the area but came to relish in the poorer sections where he stole my heart.

They call him the Ghost Boy now.

The young man who left everything he knew and disappeared into thin air as if he had never been here in the first place. As if he had never touched the lives of those closet to him, as if he didn't have me here; yet he left.

The Ghost Boy who grew away from his demons had welcomed them back and exiled all the angels. He didn't leave with anything except for something that was mine to begin with.

He left with my soul.

Justin Bieber, my hazel eyed, now Ghost Boy; disappeared.

I have survived all of March, April, May and now the first days of June without him. I don't know how, but the days after I spent crying in Pattie's arms or screaming at Jeremy couldn't last forever, so all of us, pretended we were fine and went on with our lives.

I can still remember the defeated look on Justin's fathers face as he spoke to me once I had screamed at him until I was blue in the face.

"I have been trying to track him, I have. Through his cellphone or credit cards, but he's smart, Selena." He had sighed, resting his weight on his desk, "He doesn't want to be found."

Pattie and Jeremy may have lost both sons, but I lost my other half. I don't know how it came to be that all the pain in the world ended up at my feet, but it did, and I couldn't do anything about it. First with Asher and now with Justin. Maybe God intended for neither of them to stay...

Sometimes, when I'm all alone in my childhood bedroom, I play with the sticky note Justin left on my wall. We had moved it into our apartment to rest alongside our other quotes, but I took them all down when he disappeared.

It has been months since I set foot in that apartment, and honestly I'm not even sure if Justin still pays rent for it. The last thing I remember is storming out before he woke up that day in March, but stopping long enough to stare at the dead sunflowers on our kitchen table, that had once been so alive.

I'm too scared to go inside that building now; I even look away every time I drive by it.

Knowing Justin, was like seeing a ghost. It seemed like we had forever, but all this time he was going to leave. I could tell in his eyes from the first day I met him, that he was never going to stay for long. But I prayed every night that he would defy the odds and stay by my side forever.

I have come to learn that no matter how bright a light, it is always easier to put it out than to keep it shining.

"I think that dress is the one," he mumbles from behind me, running his palms over the jeans covering his knees. His dirty blonde hair is brushed every which way, but he refused to fix it, even when I offered to help.

I look at him through the mirror, "I don't know, it makes my boobs look big,"

He rolls his eyes, "Jesus woman, you have boobs, why not show them off? If I were you, I would be flaunting mine around town."