Chapter [27]

The songs for this chapter are:

-Battlefield: Jordin Sparks

-Turning Page: Sleeping At Last

-Wrecking Ball: Miley Cyrus

-Heroine: Sleeping With Sirens

Hey guys, I don't have that much time for a super long update, so this one is kind of short and I'm sorry about that. There will be a longer one later tonight :)

What Do You Mean? ......Gosh darn you Justin Bieber..... *sits back with arms folded, anticipating whats to come*

"What?" I speak for the first time, before wiping the remaining tears off my cheeks with the back of my hand, turning to Nathan, "Why are you looking at me like that?"

"Because you're in my car!" he lifts his hand off of the steering wheel as if too prove a point before resting his palm flat against the wheel again.

I tilt my head back, "I need a ride."

"So you're going to use me too?" he whispers and for a second I seem to have forgotten about my own pain as I stare into Justin's roommates eyes. He seems sad and almost sorry for making my life become hell once more, but for the first time in forever I try to ignore it and focus on myself.

Everyone else here is selfish, so why can't I be?

I am not everyone's angel.

I just need my Justin.

That's all.

Is that really so difficult?

To be loved and be loved; but it seems impossible when I have fallen for someone who carries every evil stacked up high on his back.

"Everyone uses everyone until one of them can't take it anymore." I tell him, watching carefully as he stretches his seatbelt over his chest and motioning for me to do the same. The car rolls backwards a moment later, before turning back down the driveway.

Part of me wants to look over my shoulder and stare at the place I used to call a second home only because Asher was there, but the other part of me doesn't want anything to do with this place ever again. However, I know subconsciously, I will be back here soon enough.

I just can't escape it.

"Which one of you is going to break first?" Nathan asks making me snap my attention back to him. He turns his head to look at me too.

My lips curl as I run a shaking hand over my face, "I don't know, Nathan. A year ago everything was different. I wouldn't have pictured myself like this And now that I look back, I have realized that a year can do a lot to a person."

He nods in understanding, "You're right. But be careful, because I think the saddest thing in the world is to watch someone you love, turn into everything you hate."

I stare out my window, tracing the outline of several cars in passing, trying hard to swallow the lump in my throat. Throughout the struggle, I finally give up and turn to Nathan. The last time I saw him, I was running away from him. I still don't trust him, just like I don't trust anyone close to Justin. He has kind eyes and a sweet manor surrounding him, but why did he rat me out? What possessed him to bring up something I should have said for myself? Is he trying to make everything more difficult for Justin and I, too?

But when Nathan opens his mouth, he can wipe out all my hope with one sentence. He holds the darkest of destroyers as well, and that other side to him, terrifies me.

 "I don't think that will happen." my words roll off my tongue slowly. His eyes burn into the side of my head, but I don't turn to look at him.

I can tell he is debating with me, but thankfully he doesn't speak. The silence fills the car in a sweet melody that allows me to relax and focus on who's important.