Chapter [36]

The songs for this chapter are:

-As Long As You Love Me: Justin Bieber (I had too)

-City of Blinding Lights: U2

-Wake Up: The Vamps

-I'll Show You: Justin Bieber (tears, running down my face, and I can't stop them! *sobs every time I listen to this*)

-Hollow: Tori Kelly

-Used to Love You: Gwen Stefani

I originally planned to continue with a Take Me trilogy, but seriously with all the events I still have coming, there might just be a fourth... enjoy this chapter, I'll just be watching as you hate me for what I've done...

You know that feeling when it's summer time, and you're walking through the mall on alert about accidentally running into any of your classmates? Your eyes always frantically scan the area just in case, but then when you do see someone outside of school, your stomach feels as if it had suddenly been electrocuted.

Electrocuted.

That's how I feel as I lock eyes with a pair of piercing green, hazel eyes.

"Shouldn't you be in school?" he smiles, showing off a pair of straight teeth. His jaw is covered in a fresh growth of facial hair, his arm bent at the elbow as he leans on the table.

I've seen him before. I know I have.

Wait... that Russian accent.

He stands, extending his hand out to me, "I'm sorry, I must have scared the crap out of you. I'm Anton, remember?"

Uh, no?

I shake my head slightly, as he rubs his hands lightly together, chuckling, "Zedd."

"Oh!" Realization washes over me, as I smile back at him, finally taking his hand in mine, "That's right. You're the doctor."

He nods, "That's right," repeating my words.

We hold each other's stares for a moment before he slowly opens and closes his mouth reminding me of a fish. I don't know what to say to him either, but I wish the silence wouldn't hang over us so thickly.

Zedd clears his throat, "So, how come you aren't in school today?"

There's a long list.

"Personal issues," I comment, leaning back on my heel. Suddenly, I wish I would have tried a little bit harder with my look today.

Zedd's not terribly unattractive, and his smile can make a flower bloom. He's unlike anyone I've ever seen before. But he's not Justin Bieber. No one is.

"Ah," he's still smiling, "Do you want someone to talk to about anything?"

What?

My smile fades as I slowly break our gaze. No I don't want to talk about anything regarding Justin. I want to just run into his arms and act like this is all okay. There is still much more to tell him, but I couldn't find it in my heart right then.

But for the pain in my heart, I would give anything to go back and spill my everything into his hands; metaphorically and physically.

I have to learn things the hard way now.

It's always hard to do the right thing, and I find that it's always easier to lie, but in the end that lie will ruin you.

This life's not easy.