Chapter [35]

The songs for this chapter are:

-With or Without You: U2

-I Will Follow: U2

-Unbroken: Demi Lovato

Justin's POV

Two days.

It's been two days without her. That's it, but it feels like so much longer.

It's Monday now, but I make no move to rush to my classes. I was failing everything before Selena, so it's only fitting I keep that little trend of mine going. I couldn't care less about college right now.

After she left Saturday evening I went insane. I lost myself in my tears and pain. I lost control of what was in front of me, I lost control of every feeling, and by the time I couldn't move because I was crying so hard, did I realize I destroyed our apartment.

Broken dishes scattered the floor, the chairs to our kitchen table were flipped upside down along with the table. The pillows from the couch had been thrown across the room. Every pair of clothing I had thrown around.

And I threw Demi's journal away along with the rings.

I couldn't bare the thought of what Selena said. She was never my second choice and it kills me to know that she thought that. I forgot all about Demi the second Selena stepped out of our apartment, realization hit me like a truck.

I never loved Demi, I never loved anyone, except for Asher before Selena, and that's why it was so easy to discard what I had left of the brunette girl from my early teens. She will never compare to the angel I have just lost.

It was well past midnight when the door to our apartment finally opened. The second she laid eyes on the place, she burst into tears again, but when I tried to comfort her she ran into the bedroom since I had knocked the bathroom one in, locking the door behind her.

I must have stayed at that door for hours, begging her to open it, and let me in, but she never did. I never stopped pleading with her though. It felt so wrong to be separated, but like the broken man that I am; I fell asleep on the floor, still praying she'd open up that door.

Selena was gone when I woke up.

Her clothes as well.

But she left everything I had given her, the BS bear and her engraved rock. She even left me her black laced bra, which I stared at for hours.

There was no note, no reminder that she had even been here at all. She was as if a fragment of my imagination, someone I had imagined. The only thing that reminded me it was real was the ache the size of a bowling ball in my chest.

Nothing compares to the pain of losing the two people, both in the same day, who mean the whole world to you.

I have to remind myself that I brought it on myself, but each time I try and stay mad at her for lying to me I always end up punching the wall until I swear I broke my knuckles. I've had to clean my blood off the walls more times than I can count on the past two days.

I've had to wrap my hands, each time I punch the wall, but it doesn't make me feel better like I'd hope. Not even the pain in my hands can compete with the pain in my heart.

To say the least, I have screamed at myself in the mirror, cussed out God and smoked until I cried myself to sleep. I have not left our apartment, incase she did decide to come back even though I kicked her out.

What was I thinking? Kicking her out? What the fuck? I should have been the one to leave. But every time I call her, it goes straight to voicemail.