Chapter 7: "Pensieve like Dumbledore"

EVA'S WEDDING RING^

EVA'S P.O.V

"You are looking really beautiful Eva." 

Jess whispered from beside me. I turned towards her to see her chocolate brown eyes gleaming with pure admiration and happiness. She was looking beautiful in her white knee length dress which was intricated with embroidery. Her long silky hair was tangled in a messy bun adored with a tiara. She looked like the perfect bridesmaid. 

I gave her a small smile. I was trying hard to look like a normal bride but it wasn't that easy considering the storm of thoughts going on within me. Crashing thoughts of the decision I had made combined with the disturbing possibilities the future held for me. It was practically impossible for me to behave like I wasn't aware and afraid of the life I had chosen for myself. But nevertheless I tried to give my best convincing smile. I couldn't let anyone know. It was my decision, I can't drag anybody else into my mess. And on top of that, I don't think I am ready to tell about Aaron to everyone. And without telling about him how can I explain why I am marrying a man whom I met a week ago.

"You are sure about this, right Eva?" Jess asked me as concern filled in her previously happy eyes.  I nodded at her, put up my most convincing look and said "Yes I am very sure about this wedding Jess. You need to stop worrying about me so much."

"Okay then if you say so. Though I am not going to stop worry about you, my girl. You are my best friend Ev. You have been there for me in all my ups and downs. Whether it is the time when I was alone and depressed because of my parents or whether it is was about the sleepless nights I have ever had. You never made me feel lonely, you were there beside me. I want you to know that I am here too. I don't know what made you marry someone so soon but I will always be here for you. I will always support you and when I don't - I will slap you hard and tell you when you are wrong. Either way, I will be there. I haven't seen much marriages working out but I am still supporting you because you love the man you are marrying." She said.

Love? 

Talk about joke of the century.

Yet I totally understood what Jess was saying and why she was saying that. Her own personal experience with her parents had taught her to not believe in marriages as they always fail. And she was doing her best to ensure that I don't end up miserable like her divorced parents. I wished that I could pour my troubled heart in front of her and tell her everything so that she could comfort me by saying that everything will be okay and I don't need to marry him. 

I gave a real smile to her to show how much comfort her words gave me.  

"Okay now at least look at yourself in the mirror and tell me if there is anything you want to add to your makeup." Jess said giggling like a baby. 

I turned around and looked at my reflection. A beautiful girl stared at me. She was wearing a long flowing white wedding dress with intricate and beautiful lace designs on the front and shoulders with an off shoulder sleeve highlighting her collarbones. Her long shiny hair was draped in a beautiful braid decorated with flowers and her face was enhanced with light make up which made her look a little older. A simple yet elegant diamond necklace adored her by shining. In short she was indeed looking beautiful and I could not believe that it was my own reflection.

  In short she was indeed looking beautiful and I could not believe that it was my own reflection