Chapter 4 - Introductions

It came as no surprise to anyone when Steve Rogers appeared outside of headquarters the following morning. When Coulson brought this to Keira's attention, she couldn't help but smile to herself.

So, she had actually succeeded in persuading him. Her dreams that night had been filled with doubts as to whether or not the Captain was truly convinced, so it was a relief to hear that, for once, the reality was better than the dream world.

Sure, she had been convinced that she had succeeded at the time, but some part of her brain had apparently doubted her abilities.

Coulson was practically bursting at the seams with excitement, but Keira had to give it to him, he was managing to contain himself pretty well.

"I'll go down and rescue him." She said with a smile as she shut her laptop closed and stuffed it inside her bag. Because she had dozed off on her desk with her disassembled arrow parts lying underneath her the previous night, she had been forced to pack in the morning.

It wasn't much, just some extra clothes and ammo, because she already had some in the Helicarrier's locker. And since her remote-detonation arrows were still in the works, she'd have to stick with normal and explosive arrows for now, so nothing exciting there.

"Good morning, Steve. Fancy seeing you here." She greeted him when she approached him a few minutes later.

The man looked a bit lost as he looked around with big eyes. It must be strange to see all this, as SHIELD was pretty high-tech. Which was not a word to describe the man himself.

But despite that, he seemed to adapt pretty quickly for an old fellow. He turned around at the sound of Keira's voice and he smiled at finally seeing someone familiar. "Good morning, Keira. Judging from your appearance, it feels like you knew I'd be here."

"Call it a hunch." She shrugged, returning his smile.

"It's really different, all this." He said, gesturing around. The high glass ceiling with the large logo in the middle of the foyer was quite different from what he was used to.

Back in the days, it had been more practical, not so much show. Not that he complained though. The 21st century had its perks. The internet among many things. Oh, and the food.

"I can only imagine..." Keira breathed, watching the man intently and taking in his appearance. In and of itself, the brown leather jacket wasn't too bad, but when paired with his plaid shirt and pants, he looked like he belonged in a 40s movie. Which was understandable, but still.

He would need to get some new clothes before long, or she wouldn't be able to stop herself from teasing him about it. "You got any ways to cope with it?" She asked kindly, knowing it must be hard for him to adjust to it all.

"Yeah, I have a list." He smiled and pulled out a small book from his inside pocket, handing it to her.

It wasn't long, just a mention of a classic sitcom, and some other stuff that was significant to history, like the moon landing. It was really cute actually, and the smile on her face only widened. Handing it back to Steve, she pointed at the paper and said, "You're missing two of the biggest things on here though. Add Star Wars and Lord of the Rings. Trust me." As a certified movie nerd, she could not stop herself from recommending the 'big two' in the movie world.

"Oh, Lord of the Rings is the sequel to the Hobbit, right? I read that one, so I'll write it down." He smiled kindly at her, turning his attention to the paper and scribbling down the words. She could not wait to see his confusion when he saw Star Wars.

Perhaps she would even suggest watching it with him, just so she could witness it? And discussing multiverse theories were always fun, however, she doubted the Captain would believe in such things. Although, it was still very tempting...