Chapter 60 - Trapped

Despite having been locked up in multiple cells before, both within HYDRA and SHIELD, plus some other minor organizations, this time was completely different. This time, it marked the end of an era. The end of the Avengers.

The team had officially been divided.

And it hadn't gone smoothly.

Vision, who had landed close to Keira and Wanda to express his regret about what was happening, had accidentally hit Rhodey with one of his beams. It had originally been meant for Sam, but instead, it had sent Rhodey crashing out of the sky.

They hadn't heard anything since, but he had been alive when the ambulance rushed him to the hospital.

Steve and Bucky had thankfully made it to the Quinjet in time, and with Natasha's aid, they had made it off the ground before anyone could stop them. Keira was just hoping that they would be able to stop the doctor before he had time to reawake the supersoldiers. If they were brought into the already unstable world, then war would be ensured.

For the rest of them, it had been handcuffs and blindfolds on the menu. Or rather, for those without any special powers.

Clint, knowing he had a family to protect, had laid down his bow without protest when the armed forces arrived, but he had still been unceremoniously kicked to the ground when they went to arrest him.

Scott had luckily not been ripped in half, even after he shrunk back to normal size, but he had been completely exhausted, so the police had almost had to drag him out of the rubble he had landed in.

And Sam hadn't made a move when his suit was confiscated or his glasses were ripped off him. Even if it wasn't his fault, he was feeling guilty about Rhodey's fall. The beam had been meant for him and he would've been fine if he had been hit, thanks to his wings.

Keira and Wanda had stood hand in hand when the authorities arrived for them.

They didn't put up a fight, they merely held on to each other, even as their legs were kicked out from under them. When they were ripped apart from one another and Keira's cheek made contact with the asphalt as her hands were handcuffed behind her back, she couldn't help but wonder if she had made the right decision.

What if they never got out again? The Accords were clear that they wouldn't receive a trial.

And as she made eye contact with Wanda, the doubts swirled up in her stomach and her breath got caught in her throat.

But Wanda held no anger or betrayal in her eyes. She stood by her words, they would go down together or not at all.

With everything that was going on, she just hoped that this wouldn't be the end of their story.

Shaking herself out of her head, Keira sighed. Dwelling on the past wouldn't do her much good, but at the same time, the future didn't look bright either.

And she couldn't think straight.

She was certain that the electro-shock collar around her neck contained some sort of sedative, because why else would there be hundreds of small needles digging into her skin?

Other than that, her thoughts were unusually sluggish. It was like crawling through quicksand whenever she tried to think.

Considering the spiderweb-like cracks in the glass, maybe it shouldn't be such a surprise.

It was the first thing she had tried when she had been thrown into the cell, trying to get through the bulletproof glass, but the electrical current that had run through her body had caused her to crumple to the floor, unconscious. It took two more tries, and both those attempts ended in the world turning black.