Chapter 12 - An Invasion From Outer Space - Part 3

"Anybody needs any backup?" Keira spoke into the comm just as she pulled up her mask over the lower part of her face again. Her eyes fell on another group of aliens, and she set off towards them. They just kept coming, didn't they?

"Where in the name of Jesus H. Christ have you been?" Stark yelled, outraged. "I've been trying to reach you for a hot minute now!"

"I've obviously been ignoring you for that sole purpose." She rolled her eyes as she planted a punch in the lower back of a Chitauri. "And all that bickering made my head hurt." She blocked an incoming kick from the alien, grabbing its leg and throwing it over her head.

"I don't like being ignored." Stark huffed as he shot another chariot out of the sky. "So, don't do it again. Now, go and make yourself useful, disco ball."

Keira wanted to retort but she bit her tongue. Sometimes it was wiser to say nothing at all. The closer she got to the tower, the more frequently groups of aliens appeared.

She soon came to a halt at an overpass, and she unshouldered her bow so she could shoot down the passing chariots hurtling across the sky.

Just like Clint, her arrows found their targets without a problem, and multiple aliens either got blown to pieces or fell to a gruesome death. Something red and gold flashed past, shooting at the Chitauri and she recognized Stark.

He landed temporarily on the other side of the underpass, eliminating a few more aliens, although more were circling around him. She quickly transformed and jumped down beside him, ready to help and eager to make him eat his own words.

Stark however, wasn't prepared for this and quickly shot a beam at her. In reflex, her hands flew up to cover her face, and the beam hit her with full force. It reflected off the diamond surface and multiplied, taking out every single one of the Chitauri that had been closing in on them.

"Don't jump me like that!" Stark exclaimed, lowering his hands quickly.

"Next time, don't shoot at me!" Keira countered, but as she glanced around at all the dead aliens, a smirk played on her lips. "That was pretty cool though." She examined her arms, rotating them to search for any injuries but they were perfectly fine.

The Iron Man took a few steps closer to her, also watching her arms, afraid he had hurt her. "Huh, seems like the natural buildup in your skin can duplicate and reflect the blasts. Like a disco ball."

Keira shook her head in amusement. "Thank, science guy." She nudged him gently, now that the shock had settled. "And I'm sorry for jumping down on you like that. I didn't mean to startle you."

"I wasn't startled. I was just... Surprised." The man defended himself. Keira only rolled her eyes, and the man flew off without another word.

"Hawkeye!" Natasha's voice broke through the comms.

Keira was relieved to hear that the redhead was still alive, probably still steering her alien chariot across the sky. Looking up, she managed to spot the flock of red, and Clint standing on top of the building where Stark had dropped him off.

"Nat, what are you doing?" He asked, his gaze following her chariot and not really able to put together the pieces as to why she was steering an alien chariot across the sky.

"Uh- A little help?" She shouted anxiously.

"I got him." Clint spoke confidently as he nocked another arrow.

At first, Keira wasn't sure what he was talking about, but seeing the chariot following Natasha's, her gaze landed on the emo god. Ah, Loki. "He's gonna catch it, you know. He's a god for crying out loud." Keira said, watching the arrow's progress through the air.