Chapter 49 - Perception

"What was Keira's mistake, Wanda?" Natasha called out, panting slightly as she pinned the blonde's hands above her head.

Just like she had promised herself before Novi Grad was blasted into a million pieces, Keira had honored her word to slowly train up her stamina so that her heart wouldn't affect her as much in future battles. That's why her and Natasha's fight had lasted longer than usual, because it wouldn't be much effective if they floored each other within minutes.

And Natasha, being the good teacher she was, didn't let a moment go to waste and made sure to instruct Wanda while fighting with Keira.

Wanda tilted her head slightly, looking down at the two women from the second floor of the training room and her lower lip slipped between her teeth while she thought hard about the question. It was fascinating to watch the spy and mutant fight. It was quick, explosive, and vicious, but sometimes they seemed to move faster than her eyes could register. "She didn't pay enough attention to her footwork...?" She answered uncertainly, trying to keep her face as neutral as she could.

Natasha glanced towards the upper landing, and try as she might, Wanda did not have a good poker face. Being the spy she was, it was impossible for Natasha to miss the heated look that the Sokovian was throwing her and Keira. "Very good." She praised before bending closer to Keira, until their faces were mere inches apart. "You're getting sloppy, Key. Not good at all." It was just above a whisper, and she could practically feel Wanda's eyes burning into the side of her skull.

This wasn't the first time that this had happened, so of course, Natasha couldn't resist doing it, just to see how long it would take before the two women admitted that there was something between them. 

Or at least for Wanda to admit that she was jealous.

"Alright, I've heard enough. Get off, Romanoff." Keira huffed, wiggling her hips in an attempt to throw the redhead off. But she was pinned against the mat, her hands stuck above her head and her knees locked by Natasha's legs. And without using her enhanced strength, which wasn't part of their training program, she was stuck until Natasha saw fit to release her.

In the back of her mind, she felt a sudden sting of jealousy wash over her, which caused her eyebrows to knit together. It was odd, because it didn't feel as if it were her own feelings, and yet, they felt familiar. Something that was even weirder was that this wasn't the first time she had felt a wave of emotions that were unknown to her, which only added to her confusion.

"You alright, Key?" Natasha questioned, quickly getting off her friend and offering a hand. She hadn't missed the crease between the blonde's eyebrows and couldn't think of what possibly could've caused it.

Keira gratefully took Natasha's outstretched hand and pulled herself up from the mat. "Oh, yeah. I'm fine. Just got a lot going on in my mind, you know." She shrugged, mentally shaking herself. Maybe she was just losing her mind. Honestly, it wouldn't be too surprising if that was the case, considering that most days, she felt like she was going insane with all the voices talking in her head.

Natasha questionably tilted her head and crossed her arms over her chest, not truly believing Keira's answer, but the mutant didn't elaborate, so she averted her eyes to the brunette on the level above. "Care to show off your magic, Maximoff?" She questioned, a knowing smirk playing in the corner of her lips.

Oh, how she loved teasing.

Wanda pursed her lips slightly before getting off her feet and brushing off some dirt from her knees. She then casually jumped over the railing, simply ignoring the great drop to the floor below. 

What should've been a rough landing did instead end with her feet gently touching down on the ground, the red mist shining around her hands as her powers sufficiently slowed down her descent. "I don't have magic, I have powers." She corrected the redhead with an arched eyebrow.