Chapter 39 - You're All Not Worthy

It was well past midnight, but sleep wasn't on anybody's mind. The tower had finally emptied, and all who remained were part of the team, minus Sam, who unfortunately had to leave early.

Steve, holding a beer bottle in his hand was joking with Thor, who was adding the Asgardian liquor to his own glass. Keira had to give it to the god, the Asgardians meant business when it came to alcohol. She was sprawled out on the sofa, her head resting comfortably in Natasha's lap, who absentmindedly played with the blonde locks while talking to Bruce.

Maria was sitting on the floor, playing cards with Tony and Rhodey. Judging from the satisfied smirk on the brunette's face, the game was going in her favor. Beside her, Clint was also sitting on the floor, leaning against the sofa. He had managed to find a pair of drumsticks, Keira didn't know from where, and was spinning one of them in his hands.

Dr. Cho was still there as well, cuddled up in one of the armchairs. It looked like her sleep was very comfortable, judging from her calm and steady breathing.

"Oh, please. You'd just shoot me in the head if we tried." Clint shook his head vigorously, denying Keira's statement that she would be able to shoot an apple from his head, even in her drunken state. And to be honest, she wasn't the only one who was drunk, although people had begun to slow down the drinking, switching to easier liquor like beer.

"Wanna bet?" Keira challenged, too lazy to lift her head in order to look at him properly and therefore only threw him a glance. She was way too comfortable to move from her current position, Natasha's slim fingers brushing through her hair, occasionally scratching her scalp.

Clint stopped the spinning of his drumstick, narrowing his eyes at her. "Bet what?"

The suspicious tone didn't go amiss, and Keira smiled, smothering a yawn. "Well, what if..." She began lazily, shifting her position so she was staring up at the ceiling instead. "We don't name our prize until after we've proven that I can shoot the apple from your head?" She felt Natasha's silent chuckles through the vibrations in her body and closed her eyes.

Clint's face contorted into one of puzzlement, grinding the words over. "But then I won't know what you'll want from me?"

"Exactly the point. It's the unknown part of the challenge that makes it interesting." The blonde shrugged. "And besides, since you're so certain I'll fail, you got nothing to worry about, right, Legolas?"

"Oh, I wanna see this." Stark's voice echoed from the right of her.

"One condition."

"What condition might that be?" This time, Keira shifted her body again so she could actually get a clear glimpse of Clint.

The archer looked down at his hands with a small frown on his face. "That I get to try and shoot an apple from your head as well."

Keira was unable to hold back the bark of laughter that escaped her, and she quirked an eyebrow. "Wow, really?" She questioned, amused by his childishness. "But deal." She stretched out her hand at an awkward angle, and with the tiniest bit of hesitation, Clint took it.

"Deal."

Keira groaned and pushed herself off Natasha's lap. "Don't you dare move." She warned the redhead as she got up on her feet, lumbering away from the group to retrieve her bow from her room.

"Don't fall!" Natasha's voice yelled after her just as the elevator doors dinged shut.

Keira ignored the jab and raised a hand to her hair, brushing her fingers through her locks. The volume in her hair had become slightly uneven after lying in Natasha's lap for so long, and since she now would show both sides of her face, she needed it to be somewhat even, not wanting to look like someone who had just threaded through the forest.