Chapter 83 - Working Out A Game Plan

If Keira and Natasha had hoped to return to a quiet sit-down in the library, they were sadly mistaken.

There was only one who had already settled down in their chair, attentively glancing between everybody, and that person was Scott.

But Natasha merely had to look around at them all for the men to quiet down and find their places, something that Keira couldn't help but smirk at.

One might think that Steve or Tony was in charge, but in reality, it was Natasha who held the reins.

So, in the end, most of them ended up in the office chairs, their elbows resting on the table. Others, like Clint, chose to remain standing, simply leaning against the wall.

Keira, however, went with the more comfortable option and ended up on the sofa. With one leg thrown over the back of it, she had her head propped up with a few pillows, laying spread eagle across it.

To nobody's surprise, Steve was the one to take the driver's seat in the session, assisted by Tony who was better at the technical stuff.

All the screens in the room sported one Infinity Stone each.

Keira found that her eyes kept jumping to the Mind Stone. After all, that was the one Stone she had the most experience with. From burying the countless victims it reaped during HYDRA's trial period to granting Wanda her powers.

But the team had also been in contact with the Mind Stone a lot, mostly thanks to Vision. And the Space Stone had stirred up quite some trouble with the Chitauri back in 2012. The rest of the Stones, however, were unknown to Keira.

Time, Reality, Power, and Soul.

"Okay, so the 'how' works. Now, we gotta figure out the 'when' and the 'where'." Steve faced the rest of the team, almost all of them listening carefully to his words. Thor, however, looked like he had fallen asleep while sitting. It was difficult to tell though, due to the sunglasses covering his eyes and the beer still in his hand. "Almost everyone in this room has had an encounter with at least one of the six Infinity Stones."

"Or substitute the word 'encounter' for 'damn near being killed' by one of the six Infinity Stones." Tony filled in, occasionally sipping his coffee.

Keira mindlessly tapped her fingers against her thigh, her eyes darting between the different screens and trying to figure out a plan. It was quite easy to figure out what powers each Stone held, having seen them in action back in Wakanda, but she was still unable to figure out the Soul Stone's purpose. It didn't quite seem to fit in with the rest of the Stones. But she was pulled out of her head by Scott's voice and looked over at him.

He looked a bit... lost. "Well, I haven't, but I don't even know what the hell you're all talking about."

Bruce stepped forwards. "Regardless, we only have enough Pym Particles for one round-trip each. And these Stones have been in a lot of different places throughout history."

"Our history." Tony corrected him, thinking back at the Space and Mind Stone, which the Avengers had encountered the most. "So not a lot of convenient spots to just drop in, yeah?"

Clint was standing with his arms crossed, not saying much. But he had caught on to what Tony was saying. "Which means we have to pick our targets."

"Correct."

Steve eyed the screens, and it landed on the one Stone that wasn't solid. The Reality Stone was moving slowly, like a living organism, but it felt more menacing than that. "So, let's start with the Aether. Thor, what do you know?"

Every single pair of eyes turned to the god in the corner, Keira nearly cricking her neck in order to do so since he was sitting behind her. The god didn't make a move, or anything to recognize that he had been spoken to.