Chapter 6 - Another One

Stark had joined the party at last.

The man in the metal suit fired a blast at the god, who was thrown backwards by the mere force of it. Loki's breath was knocked out of him as his back collided hard with the stairs and a painful groan escaped his lips.

Yeah, suck on that, Loki. Karma's a bitch.

During the time that the god tried to regain his breath, the man in armor landed in a somewhat exaggerated superhero pose.

Of course, Stark had to show off a bit. The man was practically famous for it. His entire arsenal was pointed at the god as he stood up. "Make your move, Reindeer Games." His voice sounded a bit metallic through the suit.

Keira's hands curled into fists, ready for another fight. Loki knew he had the upper hand here as he had been able to keep both her and Rogers at bay fairly easily on his own. And sure, Stark would add to the challenge, but in the end, the god would probably triumph.

But Loki was sitting hunched over on the stairs, eyeing the suit of armor with wary eyes. Her expectations did not come true, however, as Loki slowly raised his hands into the air and his illusioned armor faded away. He actually did surrender. Why?

Keira joined Stark's side, a confused frown on her face as she watched the god. Steve was on the other side of Stark and was eyeing the god with a triumphant look on his face. Didn't he find it strange that Loki surrendered that easily? Or was he just relieved to get a break from fighting?

"Good move." Stark retracted his weapons, knowing this fight was won.

"Mr. Stark." Steve greeted the man, panting pretty heavily from the fight.

"Captain. And... What are you supposed to be? A disco ball?" Stark replied as his covered face turned to Keira, whose diamond skin caught the light from the lamps surrounding the plaza.

She didn't answer but instead searched for any sign of recognition from the man in front of her, which granted was a bit hard because of the mask covering his face. But if he recognized her, it could be bad for her.

Sure, her face looked a bit different in diamond form, but it was still her own face. But Stark made no further comment, so Keira breathed out and turned her attention to the Quinjet that was lowering itself down to the ground.

Since the plane lacked a holding area, the best they could do was to put Loki in a pair of power-dampening cuffs and hope he wouldn't be able to escape.

Stark had been the one who dragged the god over to the jet and pushed him down in a seat. Keira could just imagine the satisfied smirk on the man's face underneath the metal mask.

Once the jet was up in the air again, Keira breathed out. She had been unable to sit, as Loki's mere presence creeped her out too much and had instead been standing behind Natasha.

Even if he managed to break free from the cuffs, which he probably could, he couldn't exactly go anywhere. Or could he survive a jump from this height? How much force could a divine body withstand? Considering that the God of Mischief had barely broken a sweat during the fight, he was probably capable of handling a lot.

Natasha was silently speaking into her headphones, most likely to Fury, if Keira guessed correctly. She held onto the redhead's seat for stability as Natasha guided the jet through the skies.

Steve and Stark were talking silently behind her, probably discussing the thought that went through her head; why had Loki given up so easily?

The god must have a plan, that much was clear. Why else would he surrender, when he had the upper hand? And what had he done with Barton, Selvig, and all the other people he had taken control over? Could he control them from a distance? Ordering them around even if he wasn't nearby?